Brake Squeek

gijoe

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So my wife was driving her car after we had the brakes done and it was squeeking so I finally took everything apart to put some of the lube they sell for that problem. So I did all of them and noticed that the hold in clips on the caliper braket were missing and that is where the squeek is coming from. So I called the dealer and they said that ford no longer uses those clips, they redesigned the pads. So I bought some more pads the new ones, and installed them with the lube again and the same noise SQUEEK. So now that I'm down all the tiime I've put into this, I'm going to ask if anyone else has this 2 clips or knows where I can get them. Again it is the only one without the clips. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff:mad:

mann.. my brakes are squeaking like cray too 3 different brake pads, new rotors and full lube. i dont know what to do next. :-s pain in the a$$.

working for ford, i read a lot of stuff on their messageboards. word is that, for some reason, almost anything beside the oem pads will squeek. there are many posts on the this issue with the LS's. i had mine replaced here at work with motorcraft pads instead of the ford pads...and i too have a squeek. car stops fine...just annoying to brake in public. don't have any extra money to change out to ford pads, but if anyone needs pads soon, i recommend the original equipment pads.

i use the porterfields never had a problem they dont have the clips on them either. they dont squeak or leave alot of brake dust. the oem pad would leave my rims black. and the porterfields leave them nice and chromey.

Members online

Back