brake rotors

bfrantz96

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am looking at buying a new set of pads and rotors. Does anyone have any suggestions as to brands..???

Thanks

I suggest you try the SEARCH at the top of the page, this is so well covered with as many suggestions as there are members.

+1 on the search. Shot version: Unless you are racing on a TRACK, you cant go wrong with stock rotors and pads.

I have the R1 concepts slotted and cross drilled rotors on the way with ceramic pads. Heard they were pretty good.

Im sure they are. I doubt, however that they are smoother, quieter, have better cold bit characteristics, and better STREET usage fade, than stock pads and rotors. Been there..done that.

I didn't buy them for an advantage, more the look. But seeing how I put about 700 - 800 miles a week on my Ls, I will let you know if there is a difference. By the way that doesn't include weekends.

stock rotors and Akebono Pro-Act ceramic pads. Can get them from Tirerack.com. Best pad for the money. Some Made in USA (Kentucky) , Super quiet, no heat fade, and virtually dustless. Just tread the reviews at Tirerack.com. They are worth nevery penny.

I recently mounted R1 Concepts rotors (E Line) front and rear with Axis ceramic pads. I'm very pleased. No noise at all 500 miles later. I noticed that when I pop into the turn lane to wait for a red light, habit would put a certain amount of pressure on the brake pedal. If I'd keep that same pressure that the old stock pads required for a comfortable stop I'd stop a good 30 feet before the stop light! So there's a definite improvement in braking! I upgraded to these pads because I often pull a 1500 pound trailer and figured the extra braking power would be nice to have. Turns out it's good for day to day use, too. Be sure to follow the instructions on the box for pad break in. It made a HUGE difference in feel and power. (I had to drive a couple of miles to get out of the city before I had enough open road for the break in)

I have the R1 concepts premium drilled and slotted rotors with the axxis ultimate pads and the stoptech stainless steel brake lines with full synthetic brake fluid.

Members online

Back