Brake Problem?

itsnotmydaddys

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
OK so i posted a while back that i got new brakes from midas. they squeaked so i took em back they resurfaced the rotors and told me to stop driving soo fast. then it happend 1 week later, so i took it back, they said its normal. this kept up for weeks. then i took it back and they said i need new rotors and id have to pay 150. i told the guy to shoke it, i just spent 550 on new pads and rotors. so he sai ok u can either pay the 150 or well swap out new rotors and u can never come back to midas. so i said swap em out. this was 2 months ago and its been squeaking ever since. i called corporate 5 times and each time they said well contact u in 4 days. still havent gotten a call. what would casue this. i dont drive crazy and im not hard on my pads. what would u guys do. also i put 20s on so will they say i voided the warranty. I HATE MIDAS> HELP ME PLEASe

itsnotmydaddys said:
OK so i posted a while back that i got new brakes from midas. they squeaked so i took em back they resurfaced the rotors and told me to stop driving soo fast. then it happend 1 week later, so i took it back, they said its normal. this kept up for weeks. then i took it back and they said i need new rotors and id have to pay 150. i told the guy to shoke it, i just spent 550 on new pads and rotors. so he sai ok u can either pay the 150 or well swap out new rotors and u can never come back to midas. so i said swap em out. this was 2 months ago and its been squeaking ever since. i called corporate 5 times and each time they said well contact u in 4 days. still havent gotten a call. what would casue this. i dont drive crazy and im not hard on my pads. what would u guys do. also i put 20s on so will they say i voided the warranty. I HATE MIDAS> HELP ME PLEASe
Im going into my dealership tomorrow for the brakes and routine service. I replaced my pads and rotors a month ago and now they squeal. If you got aftermarket pads, typically they are a harder material and will cause ultrasonic vibrations which are heard by us as squeals. There is a product I am going to try out which I have heard good things about from BG. It is called BG Stop Squeal.......here is a link. http://www.bgprod.com/products/brake.html

Its worth a shot, I guess.

The quieter brake pads are those designed with tapered leading and trailing edges on the pad, as well as having a line cut across them midway through the pad.
This of course cuts down on vibration eliminating noise.
If you took one of your pads off, I bet it is a flat solid pad without that line cut midway in the pad.

LincolnDriver said:
The quieter brake pads are those designed with tapered leading and trailing edges on the pad, as well as having a line cut across them midway through the pad.
This of course cuts down on vibration eliminating noise.
If you took one of your pads off, I bet it is a flat solid pad without that line cut midway in the pad.
You are correct.........for some reason, I wasn't even thinking of ordering the pads from the FLM store. I went into the parts department at my dealership and they got some coming for me......ended up being $45 or so for the pads. They have the tapered leading and trailing edges, but not the line. POS brake pads.

Here's what I was describing

brakepad.jpg

I'm going thru the same issue with screeching brakes on my 01 LS. Had the brakes done at Fair Muffler and went thru 4 different rotor/pad combinations and it still screeches. Supposedly his last attempt was with OEM rotors/pads. I then took it to a different Fair Muffler (just hoping they would honor the warranty). They resurfaced the rotors and did complete lubrication. Still screeches. This guys telling me it's normal for first 500-1000 miles so I have to wait till then to tell him they still screech.

Members online

Back