brake pad question

aggiestckl

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
im doing the pads.. is it necessary to put the shims in.. if they are left out is this the cause of sqeauking? also when i tried to put the shims in the pads didnt fit.. and i did use the clamp to compress the pistions all the way in.. but when i leave the shims out their is a gap in were the pad sits against the piston and the other side... also it seems if i took of those clips on the pads this woudl solve my prob.. or would that just end up getting myself killed

That gap will cose the first time you use the brakes. Just put some of that really stick anti-squeal on the back of the pads (usually comes in a spray can) and you'll have no issues.

I've heard the anti-squeal that comes in the tube is a lot thicker and better. At least that what my teacher told me.

Never tried it, but all I know is that when it comes time to change my pads, I have to whack them off lightly with a hammer. No way those things are vibrating causing squealing.

squeal fro mthe brakes

Hey guys,

I had my ceramic brake pads installed at CarX after I told them that the brakes were squealing. Well, they were still squealing after I got the car out of there. I took it to the dealer and told they they were squealing so they turned the rotors and now the squealing is only slight but still there. What is it the dealer puts on that stops the squealing?

Oh, btw, who had their black 02 with the upper and lower chrome overlay in the shop last week? That car also had aztec wheels. NICE!~!!

Members online

Back