Brake pad input needed.

Hawk

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My front brake pads need replacing.
What would you recommend for minimum dust, stopping power, noise, life efficiency etc?

This can be discussed till we are all blue in the face. Assuming mine are OEM, 40k miles and haven't had to touch them, you can't go wrong with them. Something weird about getting the blue box ford or red box motorcraft though if you go that route or was that for a different part?

........ Something weird about getting the blue box ford or red box motorcraft though if you go that route or was that for a different part?

All of the "Motorcraft" red box parts are Ford's aftermarket versions. They are not the same as what was put on the vehicle on the assembly line. Ford does not keep buying the OE parts to keep them in stock forever. They will only keep the supplier contract open long enough to have the OE parts available for warranty. So the OE brake parts would have started to dry up in '09-10 with only remaining stock in the warehouses and dealers inventory.

That is true with other non-emissions parts too, and why you see here that steering shafts, hubs, links, suspension parts .... are no longer available from the dealer.

This can be discussed till we are all blue in the face. Assuming mine are OEM, 40k miles and haven't had to touch them, you can't go wrong with them. Something weird about getting the blue box ford or red box motorcraft though if you go that route or was that for a different part?

Red box motorcraft on mine, and they squeal terribly. Will not buy again.

Seems as if the Akebono Euro Ceramics are highly recommended and are easily found on TireRack.com When I have to do mine probably looking there or just take it to the dealer and tell them to do it.

+2 on the Akebono Euro Ceramics. I had them on my CL, and I plan on getting them for the LS when it's time for new brakes.

bump so i dont have to start a new thread.

thinking about getting the duralast cmax ceramics this time..
but they only make the front kit.
what about the rear? can the front kit pads work on the rear too?

or am i supposed to go with a duralast gold kit for the rear??
thanks

bump so i dont have to start a new thread.

thinking about getting the duralast cmax ceramics this time..
but they only make the front kit.
what about the rear? can the front kit pads work on the rear too?

or am i supposed to go with a duralast gold kit for the rear??
thanks

No, the rear pads are totally different. I would go with Akebono pads. Much, much less dusting and stop better, IMHO.

They have rear cmax pads for gen1 only...

Then get those. Other than the e-brake the systems are the same. I must have used the 1st gen pads as I have them on my wife's '06.

Members online

No members online now.
Back