Brake noise on 2004 LS V8

Sexsymbolx

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone-

I looked in the archives but didn't see anything that looked like the answer to this question.

Lately I've had a noise that occasionally comes from my brakes. It sounds, oddly, like a creaky mattress spring. It happens occasionally when depressing the pedal.

Anybody ever had that noise before?

Thanks,

Tim

Noise coming from the front of the car or the rear?

By change is this the same noise it would make if you were parked and out at either side of the rear fenders rocking the car up and down?

Car turned off, in park, try rocking it up and down by pulling at the rear fenders, put your other hand on the roof and try to rock the car gently.

Do you heard same creaky noise?

If so, its TMC induced and you may need new lower control arms, if not, you may be in need of new brakes.

Hi everyone-

I looked in the archives but didn't see anything that looked like the answer to this question.

Lately I've had a noise that occasionally comes from my brakes. It sounds, oddly, like a creaky mattress spring. It happens occasionally when depressing the pedal.

Anybody ever had that noise before?

Thanks,

Tim

Had that on my old '06 and that noise is starting on my wife's '06. The cure on my old '06 was to replace the front calipers. The noise seems to be right front (passenger) side only, but I did both fronts just to be cautious.

sounds like a bad piston... Ive had two. Cheap enough just to replace and forget it

My front right is doing this right now. so loud - a creaky mattress spring would be a great way to describe it. I am planning on just getting a new caliper.

Same for me, front right. But I need new wheels before I address it because I can't bring myself to replace the front brakes with anything other than the StR 14.9" setup...

Members online

No members online now.
Back