Brake Lights

LSjake

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello. First, let me introduce myself. My name is Jake and I have owned my 2000 Lincoln LS6 for about 4 months now. What a sweet ride. I've had a thing for the LS since they were introduced but at the time, I was barely old enough to drive, let alone buy a Lincoln. I'm 22 and have owned an 1982 El Dorado, 98 Ram, and a 99 Tacoma, but none of them can compare to the LS. I'll be a Lincoln guy for life now.

My question... Both of my brake lights went out at the same time yesterday. The bulbs are fine and so are the fuses. I'm thinking it could be the relay but do not know which one, or if it might be something else causing the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

This is looks like a great forum. Look forward to posting often.

Here are some pics of the Lincoln. Haven't done anything to her yet. I would like to improve the performance before I start with any other mods (TV, rims, etc.) so any help (links, suggestions, etc.) with this would be great.

Lincoln.jpg

LS3.jpg

LS4.jpg

LS7.jpg

LS5.jpg

Do the tail lights still work? Or is it just the brake lights? Does the 3rd brake light still work too? If it doens't, I'd look at the switch on the brake pedal itself. If the third brake light does work, you have a wiring malfunction someplace. Get your meter and have fun! I can't imagine any manufacture using a relay to fire the brake lights, it just adds a place for trouble. Could be wrong though. Remember, check the obvious stuff first, like whether or not the third lamp is functional or not.

Also, nice looking car.

kleetus said:
Do the tail lights still work? Or is it just the brake lights? Does the 3rd brake light still work too? If it doens't, I'd look at the switch on the brake pedal itself. If the third brake light does work, you have a wiring malfunction someplace. Get your meter and have fun! I can't imagine any manufacture using a relay to fire the brake lights, it just adds a place for trouble. Could be wrong though. Remember, check the obvious stuff first, like whether or not the third lamp is functional or not.

Also, nice looking car.

The middle light is still working fine and the tail lights are okay as well.

Does anyone know where you can find schematics for the lights?

Members online

Back