Brake light

m1i2k9e

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have yet another dumb question. My brake light just went out, and when I went to change it I could not access it from the trunk as you could with many cars. Does the entire assembly need to be taken out to simply replace the bulb or am I missing something here?

Howdy,

Lincoln had their head up the south bound end of their north bound body when it comes to light replacement.

You have to change it from inside the passenger cabin. Stradle the middle seat. Place both hands on the brake light shrowd and press down firmly and pull towards you. It takes a decent amount of down force while pulling.

The bulbs can actually be replaced from the cabin for the taillights? Sorry if I'm not following correctly, but I was talking about the actual brake lights not the 3rd one in the middle. Once again sorry if I am misunderstanding

m1i2k9e said:
The bulbs can actually be replaced from the cabin for the taillights? Sorry if I'm not following correctly, but I was talking about the actual brake lights not the 3rd one in the middle. Once again sorry if I am misunderstanding

I had to do it on mine. You have to remove the taillight from the body to do it. There are 2 bolts 10mm I think that hold it on. That is after you remove the trunk liner. then it just comes right out.

Scott
2001 Sport

there is actually 3 bolts, and there are also 3 brake lights in each one of the fixtures. To get to the bolts remove trunk lining and there are some holes in the metal body that will allow you to fit tools in,

m1i2k9e said:

my bad ... I was thinking about the middle one. Yeha the entire assembly has to come out. Wait till you have to do the high beams or the passenger compartment lights. Oh Joy!

Members online

Back