Brake light out one day, but back on the next

mergner26

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I got in my car after going to the gym and I got the warning light to check my brake light...surely enough I checked when I got home and it was out. This morning I get ready to go get a new bulb but the warning light isn't on, so I check again and this time its working. It kinda scares me since I've had little things going wrong like my dash not lighting up when i turn the lights on and my driver settings acting weird here and there. Anyone have any of these problems before?

PS I had my windshield replaced and it was leaking...didn't find this out until after a couple of nights of rain. I was wondering if the leak (on the passenger side) could have anything to do with it? :confused:

My "Check Left Brake Light" comes on every 2 months. I check it and it works. A couple days later it's not working. I change it anyway, but in about 2 months it's going to warn me again. Always the one side. I don't know why. Could it be 'cause that's where I have my sub? I'm confused about it, but I just keep changing the bulb even though I have to remove the whole light assembly. Completely assinine.

What a coincidence. This just happened to me this past week.

I got the "Lamp Out" message about a week ago, so I went to look for one not lit. There was one out, it was the left license plate light (no others were out). No problem I still have one and I'll put in a new set in a few days. So Friday night I was meeting a buddy and he pulled up behind me and said my left brake light was out. Odd I though, but believed him. I checked on Saturday (with bulb in hand to replace it) but the brake lights worked fine ("Lamp Out" message still displayed). Then yesterday after cleaning out the LS I started her up and the "Lamp Out" message was gone. The license plate light is still out, and I never once saw a brake light out.

Strange for sure. D@mn gremlins!

Members online

No members online now.
Back