Brake Lamp Issues???

PRob52

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive used the search, no luck. So have 02 V8. Ive thought ive had electrical problems for the longest cause airbag light goes on and off. Steering wheel radio buttons broke, replaced the clockspring they work now but airbag light still on. New issue. Im getting a check left brake lamp. The bulb lights up when i lock and unlock with the remote but wont light up when i press the brakes. So the bulb works its just not responding to when i hit brakes. Any suggestions. I'm thinking maybe get a new brake wire harness?

On the SRS light, look at the airbag connector under the driver's seat.

On the bulb, the brake light bulbs are dual filament bulbs. A low wattage filament for the parking light function (is also the part the flashes with the lock/unlock), and a higher wattage filament for the actual brake light. This is what is burned out. You need to replace the bulb.

Joe thanks. Im going to check the connector again for the airbag. I bought a new bulb for the brake light and am getting the same result. I took it out and put in both ways and all that, so thats why i was wondering to go to the wiring harness next.

Joe thanks. Im going to check the connector again for the airbag. I bought a new bulb for the brake light and am getting the same result. I took it out and put in both ways and all that, so thats why i was wondering to go to the wiring harness next.

The bulb socket is more likely to be the problem. The wiring from the bulb socket runs back to the REM (right side of the trunk). The REM drives the lights in the back (and the fuel pump and power relays and ...)

new bulb could be bad too. i almost failed my salvage inspection bc of that. ran to walmart at 4AM to get more bulbs... <eye roll>

Members online

No members online now.
Back