Brake Caliper Squeak...Not typ pad squeal

congrats!

Never heard of that before, but glad to hear the fix. Mine is still working fine without squeaks.

Could the noise you experiences also be described as a "creaking" noise by chance? This is what I am dealing with in the front. At rest when I depress the pedal I can hear it creak. It does creak at the same rate that I depress the pedal. I had the caliper open tonight and I can see on the shims where the piston have for lack of better terms... made their footprint. I greased them and it didn't seem to help in the least bit. So what do you guys think?

Caliper or those worn shims?

Could the noise you experiences also be described as a "creaking" noise by chance? This is what I am dealing with in the front. At rest when I depress the pedal I can hear it creak. It does creak at the same rate that I depress the pedal. I had the caliper open tonight and I can see on the shims where the piston have for lack of better terms... made their footprint. I greased them and it didn't seem to help in the least bit. So what do you guys think?

Caliper or those worn shims?

Caliper. Funny, but of the 4 LSes I have/had my '06 is the only one that did this.

Members online

No members online now.
Back