Brake and traction lights

dj_jace

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So my brake light stays on all the time even though the parking brake isnt set... also the traction control light that looks like a car slipping blinks constantly. Any idea on these? Are they related?

Sorry about that. Was In a hurry to post before leaving. My ls is an 02 v8... fluid level is good and I checked all the pads and they are all around 50%... I was thinking it could be a possible abs issue but wasnt sure. I have no clue on the traction light constantly blinking

Sorry about that. Was In a hurry to post before leaving. My ls is an 02 v8... fluid level is good and I checked all the pads and they are all around 50%... I was thinking it could be a possible abs issue but wasnt sure. I have no clue on the traction light constantly blinking

My 00' v-8 traction light is doing the exact same thing...I was advised by members of this forum that either the ABS system needs to be re-flashed..or one of my abs sensors is bad.it doesn't interrupt my driving and I still have the use of the advancetrac system...if you find a fix..please post it so that myself and others will know. Im about to replace my pads all of the way around.and would like to address this issue at the same time...(if I only knew what it was..).

... fluid level is good ...

The red brake light only comes on for one or both of two reasons.
1. parking brake is on.
2. brake fluid level is below min mark.

When you say brake fluid level is good, where is it at?
Between min and max mark?
above max mark?
below min mark?
You do see "min" and "max" on the reservoir?

Ok so back on this subject... 4 months later.. lol.. Brake light still stays on... a few times it has blinked sporadically and then went off... I kinda thought the bulb was just burning out but it came back on again and stayed on... the slippery car traction light still blinks constantly (very annoying)... I was just dealing with it but I was on my way back to the house a few minutes ago and got the "check advance trac" warning on the dash... also the ABS light lit up and the slippery car traction light stayed on instead of blinking... I tried to reset the warning but it wouldn't reset and the advance trac button didn't do anything... seemed to still be working though as I gave it some gas a few times to see... I just checked the brake fluid and it is almost to the max mark... any ideas on what I should check next?

EDIT: Also just started the car and the warning is gone, ABS light is off, and i'm back to where I was with the blinking traction light and the solid brake light... but still any ideas on where to go from here..?

did you check all your four wheel speed sensors ?

fronts
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6x69007.htm~gen~ref.htm

rears
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6x69008.htm~gen~ref.htm

Anti Lock control
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6x69003.htm~gen~ref.htm

Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)/Traction Control and ABS/Traction Control with Advance Trac
NOTE: The need to recalibrate the module is indicated by the active/fail lamp flashing. There are other service actions that can require recalibration when there is no flashing lamp. The lamp will flash after clearing the DTCs that are indicated in the module calibration list.

Hey the brake light may be on because the little switch under the hand brake lever may not be making contact with the lever when it's down. My 01 sport did the same but I fixed it by simply bending the bracket over a little. I can post a picture if yall need one.

Also the advance Trac or traction control light issue was intermittent for me but I fixed that by switching the fuse thing for the wipers with the traction control fuse under the hood.

Also the advance Trac or traction control light issue was intermittent for me but I fixed that by switching the fuse thing for the wipers with the traction control fuse under the hood.

So you just swapped the fuses?

Hey the brake light may be on because the little switch under the hand brake lever may not be making contact with the lever when it's down. My 01 sport did the same but I fixed it by simply bending the bracket over a little. I can post a picture if yall need one.

Definitely will check this today... That could be what it is b/c my parking break boot is messed up anyway... and it has flickered sometimes so that may be it...

Members online

No members online now.
Back