Braided Brake Hoses Help

93mkviii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am installing the braided brake hoses that are for the mark viii and honestly it has become much harder than expected. I had to cut brackets for all four corners. For anyone that has done this before your help would be greatly appreciated. The first problem I have is the bracket for the front brakes is very close to the airbag. Now I don't think they will ever touch but is that how close it is supposed to be? Second, does the path for each brake line seem right? Third, the rear brackets I had to slightly stress the brake line when attaching the bracket into the previous holes... is slight stress on the brake line fine? And is it fine to use the crush washers than came with the kit? Lastly, the brake hose on the passenger side is pinched about the end-link. Is this how it's supposed to be routed? I know that's a lot of questions and I can't just wait to get the car back on the road safely cause this has been a great headache. The brackets will probably need to be re-done but for now is it fine as they hold tightly for now but they don't look nice. Thanks for anyone that actually finished reading all that.

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

I just got my set out (I bought them for my 97 Cougar, but couldn't ever settle on a brake setup), and starting to think about mocking it up. I thought the front line brackets were more a part of the ABS/air suspension sensor bracket that is cut off.

And for the rear I think most people run the lines on the outside of the spindle upright, and also modify the caliper to allow the lines to come in at a better angle.

Here are some pics of mine that Jeremi installed on my car. I can't give you much else info-wise because I wasn't involved in the install.

FRONT:

07_23009.jpg

07_23013.jpg

07_23011.jpg

REAR:

7_28016.jpg

7_28017.jpg

7_28015.jpg

Good luck. You'll love 'em!

You can bet that the way Jeremie installed them is the correct way. Isn't it nice to see such clear chassis components.

Members online

Back