Bought the rest of the audio....opinions?

2002OhioLSE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Today I broke down and bought all the rest of the audio I need, or wanted I guess you could say. Here it is, tell me what you think.

Bought a Pioneer AVIC D2 last week on eBay and bought this today....

Alpine MRP-M450 mono amp for sub
Alpine MPR-F450 4 channel for highs
Alpine Type R 12" subwoofer
Alpine Type R 6.5" component speakers for the front doors
Alpine Type R 5X7" for the rear doors
Pioneer XM Tuner (GEX-P920XM)
Pioneer iPod interface (CD-IB100)

I think this will give me the sound I am looking for. I am not a huge bass nut so thats why I only went with 1 woofer, I hope it will be enough, the TypeR's are supposed to be pretty loud I guess. We will see, it goes in next week to get it all put in

Opinions??

I just bought a 12" type-r also. Should be here on Thu. . Im going to run it off a Fosgatew amp I have pushing about 700rms

I have had my 2 type R's(12s) for about 2 years now, before that I had 2 sets of Kicker L7s that only lasted me 9 months total. I'd have to say they are very reliable and loud, I'm only running them at 600w @ 2ohms(which is over the rms i know, but these things can handle even more). Put them in a sealed box if you are looking for quality and not loudness.

the 6.5 r types are loud but there's one specific model that is extremely loud. i forgot the exact one but it has a huge magnet. my friend had them on his old lumina. you won't be dissapointed. i have the 6x9's in the back and they are real loud

You'll be very happy with that system. If you search my other posts you can see my install pics. I have the same component speakers and sub. I have 600W going to the sub, its in a 1.3 ft/3 sealed box. Awsome tight hard bass. Plays very low too.. way more bass than I need actually. But sounds great with all music types. (The Type 6.5s have alot of midbass punch in the doors, and they have some of the best tweeters I have ever heard. Very smooth and not harsh like a hard dome tweet)

Yo, how do you like the AVIC D2? It plays dvds and does nav right? The main reason I wanted the D3 is b/c I heard the iPod adapter didnt really integrate the iPod 100% w/ the D2 as it was made for the D3's and newer. Let me know how well you like it and what works/what doesn't.

Also, the D2 plays dvds right out of the box right? Or do you have to hook up a separate player somewhere else in the car?

Yo, how do you like the AVIC D2? It plays dvds and does nav right? The main reason I wanted the D3 is b/c I heard the iPod adapter didnt really integrate the iPod 100% w/ the D2 as it was made for the D3's and newer. Let me know how well you like it and what works/what doesn't.

Also, the D2 plays dvds right out of the box right? Or do you have to hook up a separate player somewhere else in the car?

The D2 does not play DVD's but that wasn't a real concern because I have a iPod video that is supposed to work with the iPod adapter. Hopefully it will work. the guy where I am having it installed has a D2 in his 350Z with the iPod interface and it works like you are using the iPod itself.

It does do navigation though, which is a plus with the dual slot, one for the navigation and one for a CD, so you can do both. You have to switch back and forth between CD and navigation dvd with the D3

I haven't had anything installed yet but I will let you know next week when it is finished.

Members online

No members online now.
Back