Bought my 1st Lincoln Mark VIII !

extremeautonews

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all!
Ok, so I bought my 1st Lincoln Mark VIII 2 days ago.

It is a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII
All factory
with only 60,000 miles!

I am the 3rd owner

The 1st owners were a retired couple who owned it the majority of the time
The 2nd owners were also a retired couple that only drove it a few thousand miles.
I am the 3rd owner!

The car is in GREAT condition and appears that it was garaged most all of its automobile life.

I will update with pics A.S.A.P.

My Mark VIII

There are a few small repairs that need or needed done to my 1997 Mark VIII . I had replaced the belt tensioner, idler pully and belt today because of a little bit of tensioner jump causing the belt to squeal a bit.

The trunk mounted brake/parking light is not working. I pulled it loose today and it seems as if the ballast is bad. There is also a little visual of where water had been inside of the housing. I need help with instructions on how to seperate the lens from the housing in order to clean inside or repair it.

Also I need to find a replacement for both the cup holder and the ask tray compartment.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

There are a few small repairs that need or needed done to my 1997 Mark VIII . I had replaced the belt tensioner, idler pully and belt today because of a little bit of tensioner jump causing the belt to squeal a bit.

The trunk mounted brake/parking light is not working. I pulled it loose today and it seems as if the ballast is bad. There is also a little visual of where water had been inside of the housing. I need help with instructions on how to seperate the lens from the housing in order to clean inside or repair it.

Also I need to find a replacement for both the cup holder and the ask tray compartment.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

The search function is your friend. Welcome!

Welcome to the site, looks like you got a sweet deal. Both of your problems are common on the Gen II's. Do a search for "Glitch" on your neon. The cupholder thingy, you'll prolly have to search the junkyards for. Oh yea, we need pics. It's an LvC thing. People will harass you to death, if you don't post pics. :)

tampa huh? there are alot of us local mark VIII owners all around you, welcome to LVC. we are gonna plan a mark VIII meet shortly hope to see you there.

Pics and video coming soon!

Thanks all for the welcome. I have not had a chance yet to take any pics or shoot video of the car. I might have to make some time tomorrow to do so.

I have been a little busy lately on a few other projects.

A little bit about me:

I live in the Tampa area and happened to drive up on an auto accident Jan 28th in Brandon, Fl. The accident was between a BRAND NEW 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia and a Ford F-150 Truck. I pulled over quickly and got my video camera out of my Hyundai Elantra that I owned at the time and hurried up to the scene of the accident to shoot some video. The cars were sitting in a way that it appeared they were posed like that. Amazing scene to see a $300,000.00 car crushed under a Ford F-150! To make matters much worse the Ferrari had only 500 MILES on it! I posted the video footage on my personal YouTube Channel www.YouTube.com/JamesWorley and it went viral! The story was also ran by Today Show and Bild.de "German News" . I am now a YouTube Partner on my personal channel!

I also have a few other channels that are ideas in developement like:

www.YouTube.com/ExtremeAutoNews along with my blog at www.ExtremeAutoNews.com !

Ok, enough for now! Look for pictures and video of the Mark VIII to come soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
tampa huh? there are alot of us local mark VIII owners all around you, welcome to LVC. we are gonna plan a mark VIII meet shortly hope to see you there.

Good to know. So, maybe one of the local Mark VIII owners can help me with advice on seperating the lens from the housing on the center tail light!

I have finally had a chance to shoot some pictures ot the 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII and post them.
I have also decided to put it up for sale in order to find a van or mini van to do some road trips and work on a project. Any question, please feel free to ask.

3n03m23l05V35P25R6b86f386b65c748a13d3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back