Bought 2000 Lincoln LS Yesterday. Won't start. Only one click.

LanceAdam

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2000 Lincoln Ls yesterday knowing it wouldn't start. Had it towed to the house and have been tinkering... took battery to autozone and tested fine and charged to 100 percent. When I turn key to start all it does it Click one time and all the lights go out temporarily while the key is turned to start. The PATS light is not flashing any codes and acts normal. The cars beeping that occurs while door is open is continuous and getting REALLY annoying.... I hope I can get some advice on here besides "take it to a dealer"... which I intend on doing once I can afford to do so. Right now, I wish to try to fix it on my own, with the help and advice of someone who knows what they are doing on here.... Thanks Y'all.

Do you hear another click after a bit, that's probably the computer turning on the solenoid. My CTS was doing the same thing, I sent it to the dealer and they had it for a few days, just to tell me nothing was wrong with it and it started for them fine. I believe them, it could go a month without a starting problem or do it two days in a row. I first thought there was a bad spot in the starter, and when ever it would land on that spot it would have the starting problem, but now the more I think about it it's probably the theft detection system since I rarely ever lock it at work, and the computer isn't telling the engine it's ok to start. Don't you just love computers! I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon, I am the original owner and had it since it was brand new. Now it's got about 200,000 miles on it and I plan to see how far she'll take me. So far so good though, aside from the occasional starting problem, she still runs like a dream, and I still get in the mid 30's for MPG! What more could you ask for, and I still love putting those stupid supped up Honda Civics to shame.

It is only a single click which is actually the starter coming out but not turning/cranking the engine... I'm having it towed for repair today... Thanks for your input. Much appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Members online

No members online now.
Back