bottom end ???????

tonloc87towncar

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i have the 88tc and i was wondering how strong is it????

is it the same as the mustang????

the reason i'm asking is becouse i have my old n2o kit still and i was thinking of running a few bottles threw it.

it is a wet kit that i used to have on my civic (11.5 comp) and ran a 55 shot all summer last year..

so i figure the old lincoln could take at least 60-70 shot.

i bought the colder plugs already and have a timming gun to retard it so all percautions have been taken....

but is the bottom end strong enuff.....

:nos:

For a 60 shot? Probably, but I wouldn't risk it. The 5.0 iron block is good for around 600 hp. If I were you, I'd look for a set of used/ good condition 5.0 forged internals. The 5.0 HO that was found in Mustang/ Lincolns are not the same. The 5.0 HO came with TMU forged pistons from 89-92.

But today, you can get a set of forged components for a 5.0 for cheap. Forge the internals before juicing it, just as a good precaution...

The stock 302 blocks are prone to splitting right down the middle under high hp conditions, realistically they can only take 500 and thats pushing it. I have split many a 302's in half too. You can safely run 100-125 shot all day long.

ONEBADMK8 said:
The stock 302 blocks are prone to splitting right down the middle under high hp conditions, realistically they can only take 500 and thats pushing it. I have split many a 302's in half too. You can safely run 100-125 shot all day long.

i'd reccommend checking out www.crownvic.net
u could get some great ideas there.
they have the step-by-step process of doing the H.O. conversion.
we have an 88 tc, not plannin to work the engine at all though...it's my mom's car.
hm...seems to me that if u have an '88 "panther", u could get asuperchip for it and just click in some hp. i know the chips are available for th CV and MGM..so they gotta be for the TC.
ttyl

The heads, cam, pistons, and upper intake are different in the non-HO (whats in your Townie) engine. The heads and intake are more restrictive, and the HO camshaft actually gives the engine a different firing order.

Members online

No members online now.
Back