Borla Exhaust Pics

PrOpAiN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System. :Beer Sorry it took so long for these pics, I didn't think to bring the camera when I got it installed.

There were a few things I noticed when I was taking the pics, the rear tie-rod bushings seem to be worn out. There is also some rust on the top of the trunk tire well that concerns me a little. I was going to bring the LS in for some warranty work anyhow, so I'll see if the bushings are under warranty. Anything else anyone would recommend I have them check out? Like any known issues engine wise or anything else with the 2000 V8 Sport?

Oops sorry about that... I had to run out for a minute and didn't relize I never posted pics.. LOL

Here they are...

borla1.jpg

borla2.jpg

borla3.jpg

borla4.jpg

lexdiamondz10304 said:
Is that a 3rd muffler in the middle? and how does it sound??

I think that is Borla's equivalent to the x-pipe from Magnaflo.

As far as the sound... I think it sounds really good, and it sounds even better once I added the CIA and the snorkel. Borla has it's own sound, it's not going to sound like a Flo Master or something really throaty. It has almost a Euro sound mixed with a really toned down American Hotrod sound.. really toned down.. lol It sound like it has more torque, but it still has a very classy sound. It's so hard to explain the sound, but by no means does it sound "Rice" or Bad. If your looking for a loud exhaust... (5.0 Mustang ) I don't think borla would be the way to go, don't get me wrong though borla is louder than stock.

Does anyone know what a couple of high flow cats would do for this exhaust? For Sound,Torque, HP....

Looks good except for the 2 in 1 tip. Whats up with that?

I think the tips look good. acutally I didnt want to change my exhaust until I say those pics. I would love to hear how it sounds up close. And btw congrats

PrOpAiN said:
I think that is Borla's equivalent to the x-pipe from Magnaflo.

Hmm, I see, so does anybody know what would happen if you put no x or h pipe in? just run straight pipes? would you lose torque, hp?

maxmk8 said:
Looks good except for the 2 in 1 tip. Whats up with that?

The two in one tip is designed to keep the outer tip for getting discolored from heat and exhaust, keeping them looking new.

I can't see that part of the tips when the car is sitting on the ground, because the tips are pointed down.

lexdiamondz10304 said:
Hmm, I see, so does anybody know what would happen if you put no x or h pipe in? just run straight pipes? would you lose torque, hp?

By no means am I an expert, but I think if you did that you would prolly lose high end torque... it could be low end torque, I'm not sure.. Anyone?

PrOpAiN said:
By no means am I an expert, but I think if you did that you would prolly lose high end torque... it could be low end torque, I'm not sure.. Anyone?

Whats was the cost of the mufflers?

I think because I had a stock 2000 LS exhaust, it made it well worth the money and I couldn't be happier. The 2000 stock exhaust is more restrictive, so it made a noticable differance. For my taste the sound is just right and sounds even better with the CIA and Snorkel added. If your looking for a loud exhaust, Borla is not for you. In a post above, I explain how it sounds... Everyone has a different way of explaining things, so I might be a tad off. I have heard people say it has a tinny sound, I personally don't hear it.

PrOpAiN said:
I think because I had a stock 2000 LS exhaust, it made it well worth the money and I couldn't be happier. The 2000 stock exhaust is more restrictive, so it made a noticable differance. For my taste the sound is just right and sounds even better with the CIA and Snorkel added. If your looking for a loud exhaust, Borla is not for you. In a post above, I explain how it sounds... Everyone has a different way of explaining things, so I might be a tad off. I have heard people say it has a tinny sound, I personally don't hear it.

is there anyway for you to record it into a wav or mp3 file, like 10-15 secs of the sound where you rev up the engine a bit and let us hear how it sounds on idle as well???

THAT WOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD BE gReAt!!! :Beer

I was just quoted $795. installed, for Magnaflow exhaust for my '03 LS Sport at Wright Bros. Lincoln in York, Pa. Check with Mike (I think that's his name) in Big Boy Toys at 717-741-3876

Paul for an 03 you won't get any power gains. I thought magnaflow didn't even offer one because all they could make it produce was a max of 5hp gain. Just a little food for thought.

I owe you one, PM80! I was just about to shell out $795. for nothing! So, where can I find out more about my '03 that could end up saving me $$$ in the long run? Wait, let me answer my own question - here, in this forum! Again, thanks,

Members online

No members online now.
Back