Body Roll

klutch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
After researching a bit I found out that new sway bars can greatly decrease the body roll on the Town Car and I really hate how much body roll mine has so I will be buying them soon just wanting someone to recommend the size? for front and rear I just want better handling without messing up the ride much aint looking for sports car suspension.

Do you have a rear sway bar already installed? I would just put 1 out back, don't even bother replacing the front. Just putting a fat 1 out back will make a HUGE difference. Hmmm, I don't know what diameter mine is...have to get back to you on that, but it really doesnt affect the ride quality at all just gets rid of that nasty body roll

I haven't installed one at all, so if it didnt come with one from the factory probably nothing back there lol

Some of them came with them and some didnt. I'm having a tough time trying to tell which cars came with them, it seems like they just put them on random TC's... My base model '89 has no rear sway bar and only has 1 hole in each lower control arm, which means I gotta drill 2 more holes.. On the other hand, I know someone with an '87 Signature - has no rear sway bar, but all 4 mounting holes are there... go figure

Weird, mine is a 1993 but when I turn people fly all over the car so I am guessing it doesn't have one lol

Lincoln was funny about this stuff - duals on some TC not on others..same with sway bars My 90 TC had one (1.25") but I bought in 1992 so the first owner could have added...

She also had the upgraded Alternator and master cylinder- they had tags that said Police and Limo only.

Members online

Back