BMW M3 Wheels......HELP!

StinkyLinky8

LVC Member
Reaction score
First I would like to say how much this site and its members have helped me over the past year of owning my LS and i finally gave up trying to remember my log in name so i made a new one.

Anyway, I recently purchased a set of 4 BMW rims from a friend who totaled his M3. I got them re-powdercoated and a small bend fixed. All in all they look spectacular.

Ive been doing some research here and there and i understand that i need adapters to fit these on my car.

I believe the stock LS bolt pattern is 5x108 and the M3 rims are 5x120

what else do i need to know/do before i throw these puppies on my lincoln?

here is the site i will most likely be purchasing adapters from:
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/wheelAdapters

n505659417_1438927_882.jpg

n505659417_1438933_9761.jpg

n505659417_1438939_2542.jpg

n505659417_1438931_7927.jpg

I believe with the offset of those wheels and adding a adapter to make them fit, they will stick out 2-3 inches past your fenders, hope you dont hit any bumps or dips in the road or your fenders will be taken off of the car.

You can check with some local wheel shops about having the bolt pattern switched. What they do is drill out the original lug holes if needed and insert a steel plug with splines and the right bolt pattern into the original lug hole. This way you don't have to run spacers. Make sure that the offset and backspacing is correct for the car before you do this though.

thank you, im going to take them down to a shop that my friends dad ownes which specializes in custom rims and see what he has to say, only problem is they never answer the phones there and its a pretty far drive.

still open to suggestions though.

oh and cuzican, if i were to do as you suggested would i still be able to put my stock wheels back on say for, winter driving?

Yeah you can still use your stock wheels for the winter. The shop will change the bolt patern on the wheels not the car, so if you ever decide to get another set of wheels you will still have the 5x108 patern. When I bought the wheels on my car the manufacturer done this to a set of blanks for the right bolt patern. I wish I would have taken pictures of it. The wheel shop I went to had 3 of 4 sets that were done like this.

Spec m3 didnt have staggered wheels on it yet the 96+ did have the 7.5 and 8.5's combo. I do beleive that it has to do with the swaybar setup on the cars. BMW did this for a reason. If you do put wider wheels in the front I don't think that you will have any adverse side affects other than the steering feeling a little stiffer.

used auto

Members online

No members online now.
Back