Blown Fuse

JoshMcMadMac

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Almost a year ago, I got pulled over on my way to McDonalds at 23:00. My running lights were out. So, I get back and check it out, and the fuse blew. It's the 15A fuse the runs the reverse lights, running lights, and apparently the panel dimming. I replaced the fuse, and managed to discover that it would blow when I put the car in reverse. So, I checked out the lights, and the driver side back-up light had a wire pinched. When I had put the bulb back in with the connector, one of the lines to it had been pinched in between the connector and the car. So, I set it free and the fuse didn't blow!

Flash-forward to yesterday. Going to the gym at 5:00am, I notice my dash is aweful bright. Realizing that the fuse is blown, I decide that I will swap it out in the parking lot when I pull in. It's about 10 minutes to get there. So, by the time I get through the gate to get on base, and am turning into the Drill Hall parking lot, I have forgotten all about it. :rolleyes:

Enter the police officer. As I make the left into the parking lot, there is a cop idling on a side road directly to the right. I'm not speeding, so I don't even worry about it. Then, 100 feet from my parking space, lights come on. The police officer comes up and immediately informs me that she pulled me over because I have no rear lights! D'OH. So I tell her I am sorry, and that it happened about a year ago, and that it's just a fuse. So she asks for license, registration, proof of insurance, military ID. I gather all of that up for her, tell her that I am sorry and that I really don't want a ticket. She promises just a work order, and goes back to her car.

So, as she's running my information, I swap out the fuse. She returns, still in a decent mood, and tells me that she is going to give me a work order. When I tell her that the problem is fixed, she smiles and laughs. I ask her if she can sign off on it. She tells me there is no problem with that, tells me to have a nice day, and leaves! So I only lost ~15 minutes of my morning. I didn't even have to go to headquarters to get it signed off. Enough story telling, though. It has been fine for the past day. The car has been in reverse multiple times, and the lights have been on a few times. No blown fuse. But a fuse doesn't just die for no reason. Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.
Back