blower speed control; 1989 continental

Reaction score
my blower speed selection works only on high.

i have researched a bit and have found reference to the blower motor speed control as a possible culprit. auto climate is something i know little about - i had it on my 90 grand marquis and have it on my 88 new yorker but have little practical knowledge of how it all works as a whole.
the speed control part is comperable to the resistor assembly on the non EATC climate controls i know this so my question is -
how do i determine if the EATC blower select switch or the speed controler are bad?
:confused:

Mine too, on a 92 Conti. I am struggling with getting the controller out right now - it is in a very inconvenient spot! Two screws get the controller out from the duct, but I can't get the cables to come away. This is assuming I can find a new one!

i have not ventured under the dash yet i am just trying to narrow it down at this point.
i have found an unmolested '90 continental at a local salvage yard that i am going to work on today for parts - then i can mess things up and know not what to do wrong. today i am in search of the speed controler...
it's nice to find a car for parts once in a while that no one had taken a tire iron to the dash to take out a radio.
:D

so here it is almost 3 weeks later and i now have all blower speeds.

i removed the speed controler and the control head for only $32.00 - the blower speed switch on mine seems a little loose like it isn't making contact all the time so i grabbed another just in case.

Murrays; part not available and Autozone had no idea what the speed controler was even with a ford part number to cross reference it with (AutoZone even had the removal and replacement procedure listed under the do it your self section of their site under Taurus for my year but not lincoln) BUT i found a reference to a newer ford part number at a site i encountered while doing an EATC search http://www.p71interceptor.com/eatcswap/partnumbers.html

the interceptor site has lots of interesting documented things relating mostly to Crown Vic's but some of it will cross over to other vahicles. i know sometimes you only can get some parts from the dealer but this seems to be something that would be used by ALOT of FLM autos and should be carried by someone aftermarket.

i'm glad i have blower speed selection now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back