Blower motor not working...

shagdrum

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
As the title says, the blower motor in my 1996 Mark is not working. I put 12 volts directly to it and it started right up. It is also not the typical wire harness issues (I have had that issue before and fixed it by lengthening the wiring harness; wiggling the harness does nothing).

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks Ford Nut. This helped me also. Drove all last winter with intermittent heat. Feel stupid that it was a free 10min fix.

Blower Motor Not Working

To the person who commented: "Does Nothing".

I found it beyond exceptional that someone took the time to write the details about a possible feasible and costless solution to an otherwise potentially expensive one.

I followed the instructions to the tee and it matched my situation perfectly!!!!

Please remember to give credit where credit is due.

If this solution didn't work for you, keep looking for the answer. In my case, it was priceless!

Thank you to the one who contrived this solution!

P.S. I can't tell you how many times I pounded on the dashboard or kicked under the dash not knowing what was the problem. Or, the many times I'd be driving down the road in 10 degree weather and for no apparent reason, the heat stopped blowing. Or I'd break-torque from a stand still because sometimes that worked. UHG!.

It was after many trials and tribulations I decided to hit the internet and found this article which has given me a blower again that stays on when it's running!

I had read nightmares about people who needed to replace their blower motor and having to dismantle the entire dashboard. I certainly wasn't looking forward to that task and now I don't have to.

Again, a millions thank yous!

This is a good solution. I have done this but never new someone did a good write up. another thing to look for is water can get into the blower motor system from outside depending on how you park and the wind blows. The water will run into the blower motor controller, Over time calcium and other contaminants build up on the circuit board and can eventually cause shorting. The build up will look like a white deposit all over the board. This can be cleaned off with isopropyl alcohol or other electronics cleaner.

Members online

Back