Block Heater Help

pjm

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just ordered some parts to put in the block heater on my 06 LS. My local dealer gave me four part numbers they said I needed to install it. One was the block heater, one was the cord and the other two are described as the bracket and Bumper Housing. My confussion is how all these parts go together. The first photo is a picture of the cord, bracket and bumper housing. The second photo shows the cord clipping into the bracket which I believe is correct. The cord has a protective door over the plug end which I taped open in the third picture so all you could see it. Now, looking at the third picture, my question is what is the piece on the left for? It also has a spring door on it. Can anyone help me out? Why is there a B and a S stamped out in the bracket?

DSC00705.JPG

DSC00706.JPG

DSC00707.JPG

BS? Maybe bullsh!t? Go back to the dealer and ask them for a printout of the location of the part on the engine, they should give you a diagram of where everything goes and the part numbers for everything related to that system.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

pic

Looks like the wire part fits into the cap section.. this is the only pic in the catalog....here in AZ we dont install them so this is the best I can do.

Last edited:
Thanks for the drawing MRZEE. (How did you get that?) I do have that drawing and I was going to put it on here. The problem I have is the plug on the end of the wire won't fit in the "block", it's to BIG. I am missing a cross-over or something? Looking at that drawing it certainly looks like the plug should mate up to the block.

Jim, I will post the part numbers on here for those pieces when I get home.

Pat

Part Numbers as requested:

Block Heater Element: XW4Z-6A051-AA

Wire Assy: 3W6Z-6B018-AA

Bumper Housing: 3W4Z-6A056-AA

Bracket: 6W4Z-6G003-AA

I still think I am missing something because there is no way the plug on the wire will fit into the "Bumper Housing".

Hi PJM

Looking at you photos, it looks like you would use the steel bracket as the wire already has the cover over the end. The housing(6a056) looks like the wire would fit into it without the bracket (6g003). Not being a dealer in an area (We are in Scottsdale AZ) that would have a use for that I have no way of looking at a car...sorry. Maybe someone else with that setup could look at theirs and send a photo.
I am the Ford dealer in Scottsdale az and sent that pic from the parts catalog.

Max

Members online

No members online now.
Back