Blinker Problems!

A Lincoln Link

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My blinkers won't blink! I have a 96 exec and when i turn my blinkers on from the inside there is no green signal on the panel, the lights come on from the outside but they don't flicker (they just stay on). My backs lights don't flicker either. Someone told me its the bulbs or a fuse.

If you have had this problem, please give me advice on what's the problem, what parts i need, and what's the best brand to go with.

Check the blinker fluid (sorry, just an old car guy joke...like muffler bearings!).

Seriously, though, do the hazard flashers still work? If they do, that's a good way to check the bulbs. If the bulbs are all good, the problem may be the turn signal relay. Check your owner's manual for the location. Hopefully it won't be buried way up in the dash. I don't remember for sure, but the hazard relay and the turn signal relay may interchange on your TC. If they do, that's the way you can test your turn signal relay, just swap 'em. If that's the problem, any reputable auto parts store will sell a decent relay.

If that doesn't cure it, there may be a wiring issue, but if all of the bulbs work when the hazards are on, its probably the turn signal relay.

Good luck!

Members online

Back