Blew my engine kicking a b18c powered civic's ass with a stock v6 5 spd LS 130k miles

LS6_5SPD

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Guys I blew my engine cause freaking 4th gear went to N by itself and the revs went to hell. Now my cams are broken, my lifters, and some more stuff, my dad took it apart and the 130k engine looks freaking 5k!

Now I need new cams guys, does anyone happen to have a blown v6 engine willing to sell all 4 cams and anything else I may need?
Does anyone know if there is any aftermarket set of cams? I also need the valves lifters with the shims, so please guys if anyone know anything please let me know!

Thanks in advance

I’m surprised you blew your engine by over revving in neutral; with the 3k rev limiter in neutral and park on the LS.

Try EBay.

yea i stomped the accelerator one time on my ls from like a 20mph roll and it just high revved. luckily i caught it before it pined the needle

Look at his title. V6 5spd... I'm curious why the V8's have a rev limiter, but the V6 5spds don't. WTF! Anyway, that sucks man. At least you won.

It doesn't have a rev limiter because it's a stick, more than likely.

Sucks about the car, dude. Did the trans pop into neutral by itself? If so, you're looking at rebuilding 4th gear at a minimum, too.

Good luck with everything :Beer

Wouldn't surprize me if there is no neutral rev limiter on a manual, but you should have still hit a rev limiter. One single bounce off that isn't going to kill your motor. Likely you had a issue and ran the top dry if you damaged all the top stuff. Probably just get complete heads, but I'd be sure nothing happened to the short block before doing all that work just to find something more is wrong.

Well I was surprised I won!
About whats messed up is what I told u guys, my dad is a mechanic and he took all appart and basically there's not many broken things. Bottom end is just normal and the heads themselves are just good.
Yeah I knew it didnt had a rev limiter or something, what happend was... when I hit 4th gear it didnt engage the right way, like the stick didnt go all the way to the back so after a couple of seconds the stick jump to neutral by itself and I was doing abnout 120mph so revs where real high actually about to hit 5th gear I think.
Now I need all 4 cams, the little pads where the cams slide to move the valves, and maybe the lifters but those r not for sure, I have pics to post in my gallery cause I dont know how to post em on the thread.
If any of you guys know anything where I can get the parts other than a dealer, please let me know! maybe some aftermarket cams would do a nice improvement!
Thanks for the support guys!

Guys I have a better pic but its too big if someone knows how to reduce the size of it I'll email it to u so u could post it, on this pic u can see the whole angine bay.
Thanks!

Here ya go...and no problem. Good luck with everything!

IMG00029 (2).JPG

IMG00034 (2).JPG

the engine looks freaking new inside! has no corrosion at all! clean! howerver blown lol!

Your dad must have had fun getting that stuff out of there without removing the wiper cowl and cross brace assembly. Does he have the manuals? just uncap the wiper arms, remove the nuts, pop the wipers and arms straight off, then remove the pop fasteners and pull the black cowls, then remove the bolts on the cross brace, suddenly, work on that engine will be quite a bit easier. You may find all the parts you need at www.greenleafauto.com. They recycle ford product parts and state miles on engine parts, and have a vast amount of resources to pull from. I'm betting that there are lots of dead V6s out there. My old car probably made the supply chain, the car got t-boned and totalled, a nice V6 with manual and 109K well kept miles on it. Unfortunately, the collision drove the shock tower into the intake plenum, which shattered and got ingested into the engine in fragments. At least one of them got stuck in a valve and the engine had one or more cylinders with no compression. Those heads are probably good, but you'd also be likely to find a head or a pair of heads with no engine failure history.

P1000629.jpg

P1000629.jpg

I had my neutral rev limiter increased to redline. I have bounced off of it several times with no poblems. There must have been something else wrong. I have never heard of an engine top end grenading because of hitting redline in neutral. I agree with others though. Get yourself some new (or new to you) heads and keep killing hondas.

milehighmikey
Oh man that hurts!!! dang bro that really sucks!
scjmc
Uhm it was not redlining... it was way beyond redline! Imagine the engine runing at about 6500 RPMs with the gas peddal to the floor! and stepping on the clutch! the revs went to hell thats what happend

About port and pollish sounds good but expensive I guess! if I do it I'll get my dad to do that, what Im trying to find is some aftermarket cams to add some performance if any of u guys know anything please let me know!

You might want to do a search on porting and polishing; the heads are thin and easy to hit a cooling passage; it can be done carefully and not sure if it is worth it.

Engine Replacement

Check Cherry Auto Parts in Toledo Ohio. Find them by googling. I bought an entire Jag 4 litre engine from them for $750 including delivery---but I live in the Detroit area and they have a Detroit location. Maybe this is a good time to convert to a V-8?

KenS from Ben's Place

"hm it was not redlining... it was way beyond redline! Imagine the engine runing at about 6500 RPMs with the gas peddal to the floor! and stepping on the clutch! the revs went to hell thats what happend"

meaning it WAS at 6500 befor it went into nuetral, sending the RPMS way to high. that sucks tho, talk about a SHlTTY top end in those motors.

i take it you removed the limitor? nomatter what every engine has a limitor at or slightly over redline...manual or not.

regaurdless....buy a t-56 and a v8. i dunno if they fit together, but a 6 speed LS v8 would be TlTS

"hm it was not redlining... it was way beyond redline! Imagine the engine runing at about 6500 RPMs with the gas peddal to the floor! and stepping on the clutch! the revs went to hell thats what happend"

meaning it WAS at 6500 befor it went into nuetral, sending the RPMS way to high. that sucks tho, talk about a SHlTTY top end in those motors.

i take it you removed the limitor? nomatter what every engine has a limitor at or slightly over redline...manual or not.

regaurdless....buy a t-56 and a v8. i dunno if they fit together, but a 6 speed LS v8 would be TlTS

I wanted to convert to v8 but the computer in this car is too tricky for that so my plans right know are getting the car fixed asap! then I may built another engine but not right now, as soon as my dad and I open a new garage I will do it for sure!

The heads are out now, I'll take a pic later on, thanks guys for ur help n support!

Check Cherry Auto Parts in Toledo Ohio. Find them by googling. I bought an entire Jag 4 litre engine from them for $750 including delivery---but I live in the Detroit area and they have a Detroit location. Maybe this is a good time to convert to a V-8?

KenS from Ben's Place

Ive found their number but seems like they dont have a website. Thanks!

The 5spd does have a rev limiter, but it just cuts off the fuel supply. If you're hitting the limiter and then remove the load from the engine (like slipping out of gear) even though the fuel is cut off the unspent inertia will spin the engine through the limiter number. I bounce off the rev limiter in mine(V6 stick) all the time when running through the gears, but I havn't done it in neutral (yet).
I bent a wrist pin in my first engine @135,000 miles and replaced the engine( it was cheaper than paying a mechanic to tear down the engine and fix it). I was bummed, I had a pair of P& P'd heads to go in the old engine if it was just something wrong with the top end when I brought it in to be repaired, but fixing the wrist pin was going to mean a removal and complete teardown and rebuild of the engine. I'm still waiting for some excuse to put the new heads on the new engine, but don't really want to tear apart a perfectly good engine with only 15,000 miles on it. I'll probably do it when it's time to change the plugs (you've got to remove the manifold for that and as long as It's halfway opened up......)

OK guys, I just found out how to post pics and I have a ton! I had to remove the heads, and the oil pan which is the worse part of this freaking mess! Im still taking apart stuff out of my car and cleaning parts, I'll try to post the pics later today. However, when I post them, they come up huge even though I took them with my phone!

Members online

No members online now.
Back