Blend door and defrost actuators

BennyCrac

LVC Member
Reaction score
My ac and heat blows mainly through the defrost vents with just a little from all the other vents. at all times. i cannot change where the air comes from. i have codes 1263 and 1262 from the hvac system test. looks like these codes are the blend door actuator and defrost door actuator. can anyone tell me where exactly these are located on the car? 2006 LS v8

Actually, 1263 is the dash vents door (and 1262 is indeed the defrost vents door). Note that the LS has no blend door. The DCCV serves this purpose.

Anyway, you're not going to like this at all. You have to remove the whole dash board to get to either of those two actuators for those two doors.

s6x~us~en~file=a0061783.gif~gen~ref.gif

s6x~us~en~file=a0061782.gif~gen~ref.gif

Of course, those two drawings aren't very clear about the location. It's center, right of the dash, just below the top of the dash and above the glove box.

This is a 1st gen, but your 2nd gen will be similar: Dash Board Removal Thread

Actually, 1263 is the dash vents door (and 1262 is indeed the defrost vents door). Note that the LS has no blend door. The DCCV serves this purpose.

Anyway, you're not going to like this at all. You have to remove the whole dash board to get to either of those two actuators for those two doors.

View attachment 828575766
View attachment 828575767

Of course, those two drawings aren't very clear about the location. It's center, right of the dash, just below the top of the dash and above the glove box.

This is a 1st gen, but your 2nd gen will be similar: Dash Board Removal Thread
are they both near the location you described?

Yes, both are close together. Sorry if it was not clear. Defrost is highest and most towards the firewall.
everywhere else i’ve looked says that the defrost actuator is on the drivers side behind the instrument cluster. are you sure it’s on the passenger side? on the gen 2?

everywhere else i’ve looked says that the defrost actuator is on the drivers side behind the instrument cluster. are you sure it’s on the passenger side? on the gen 2?
No, not 100%. Either way, dash has to come out AFAIK.

Members online

No members online now.
Back