blend door actuator

chappyviii

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,
I noticed I have another common problem with the mark viii, the blend door actuator. My A/C works but not my heater. I dropped the glove box and manually closed/opened the heater door and heat came out of the vents so I know it has something to do with the actuator. So I took off the face of the dash and the information computer to look down to see if the shaft had broken like many others have reported and it was. half of the black shaft is gone so a zip tie didnt work. My question is, do I need to buy a new blend door actuator or is that arm a different part? Is there a way i can fix it my self? I can see it move when i turn the heater on so im just confused on what i need to get. I do not want to buy something I dont need.

gen 2?
there's a whole lot of write-ups on this...search here and LoD...the part is available new, and you may want to mod the linkage to prevent it happening again...gotta pull the dash out to r/r actuator

i know about the part, i looked it up and it looks like it doesn't come with the part that is broken on my car and many others. Most posts I have read or seen on you tube just tell you how to replace the actulator. i am asking if it is the same part or different and if there is a way to fix it. when i turn on the heater i can see movement but its not opening/closing the door.

Chappy

If you are really talking about the Mark VIII you would be better off jumping over to the Mark VIII forum rather than this the Mark VII page!

Members online

Back