Blend Door Actuator question

once i replace that arm fix those parts and drill out the metal arm ill be good to go ? im not that great at

so..this part:
P1020974.jpg

sits atop this part
PC220002_zps61bbc5d3.jpg
----
yes?
and since I hear the knocking sound from the dash, most likely this part:
P1020974.jpg

has snapped off
:slam

so..this part:

----
yes?
and since I hear the knocking sound from the dash, most likely this part:
P1020974.jpg

has snapped off
:slam
Not for a first gen. We've got a mix of first and second gen parts in this thread so it's pretty confusing. The box is all you need. There is no arm on first gens.

YES, VIRGINIA! there is a SANTA CLAUS! i.e....on my 96/gen1 mark, this is (;possibly) all I need to repair my non-working blend door?
the guy who pulled the parts for me said this box/post ties directly to the metal linkage, but i didn't see it myself
PC220002_zps61bbc5d3.jpg

---------
I beleive this is an accurate diagram for gen 1 assembly
compliments of Marcus

if your gonna quote from that forum. you mind posting the pictures too so we can see them ?

Sorry, I didn't realize it required registering to view all the pics. You do realize that it's not that "other" forum right? It's easy enough to sign up on.

YES, VIRGINIA! there is a SANTA CLAUS! i.e....on my 96/gen1 mark, this is (;possibly) all I need to repair my non-working blend door?
the guy who pulled the parts for me said this box/post ties directly to the metal linkage, but i didn't see it myself
PC220002_zps61bbc5d3.jpg

---------
compliments of Marcus

There is no metal link on first gens. Just the motor. I'm pretty sure that's it, unless the blend door itself breaks (inside the air box). Someone more familiar with first gens would have to chime in on that.

There is no metal link on first gens. Just the motor. I'm pretty sure that's it, unless the blend door itself breaks (inside the air box). Someone more familiar with first gens would have to chime in on that.
yep, based on that schematic, you're right...that white post/shaft slips in the door hinge and makes it swing...so i wonder what's causing the rhythmic knocking sound???

yep, based on that schematic, you're right...that white post/shaft slips in the door hinge and makes it swing...so i wonder what's causing the rhythmic knocking sound???

The teeth get broken off of one of the gears in the actuator, so it catches at first and then slips, causing the door to flop around.

PC220002_zps61bbc5d3.jpg

---------
compliments of Marcus

I just fixed mine. its not really as bad as it seams I managed to score a 93 mark in the junk yard and took a chance. it as a lot of fun getting it out of the junk yard mark is it was mosty picked clean so i pretty much just got to yank and rip and snap the dash out of my way. putting it my ride was different tho. me and my friend tackled the job both working on a side of the car at a time till it got to a point where little hands would be able to get into tighter spots.

I can say that its very nice not having that clicking sound anymore. the part from the 93 looks exactly like the part you have from a 95. when i pulled mine from my 96 it was a little different. the 96 had 4 screws and some white plastic stuff on it vs the 93 which was all black and only used 3 screws. fear not tho its the same thing. so get er done

The teeth get broken off of one of the gears in the actuator, so it catches at first and then slips, causing the door to flop around.
revive 8 months later, still pending repair.... the clicking under my dash is gone, w/ or w/out the a/c on @ 76 deg....this simply means more or all the teeth are broken from the gear inside the actuator case?
---
jeez I'm dreading this job

Members online

No members online now.
Back