blend air door metal arm

humfrydog11

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just received 2 machined aluminum blend air door arms made by brother in law. I will test fit and adjust first part of next week. photos and update then.:cool:
IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

Any chance of making these in bulk & selling them?

I doubt there is a big enough market to make them. , we are a small community where only 97-98 would need it. I installed mine today. I had to modify it and my motor to make it all fit. I shortened the plastic shaft on the motor by 1/4 inch because the drilled inset was not deep enough. on the metal shaft side I had to trim off 1/4 in length and file it down to fit into the hole. I ended up with a slight raised motor after mounting but will clear the dash. Once I finish I will test its operation. I may sell the other metal arm but it will need modified also.

I doubt there is a big enough market to make them. , we are a small community where only 97-98 would need it. I installed mine today. I had to modify it and my motor to make it all fit. I shortened the plastic shaft on the motor by 1/4 inch because the drilled inset was not deep enough. on the metal shaft side I had to trim off 1/4 in length and file it down to fit into the hole. I ended up with a slight raised motor after mounting but will clear the dash. Once I finish I will test its operation. I may sell the other metal arm but it will need modified also.

Any chance a guy could get a print?
A cad drawing?
Do you know what machine he made it on?

Thanks

OK so my arm is in and tested, ops check good!!
I needed to trim 1/4 inch off the motor shaft due to not enough depth in metal arm. i used the stop as a height guide and used a hacksaw blade to trim. In addition hole was slightly smaller so i used a file on all sides of plastic shaft then tapped it on with a soft mallet.
On the car side I found the metal shaft 1/4 inch too long and slightly too thick. in addition the upper shank also was too long. I used a die grinder and trimmed it down then filed and sanded. I installed and tested it ops check good.
Also I took a metal clip of the corner of another blend air door motor I had and it worked great for a retainer for the arm that goes down to gray arm.
I added screws to keep motor from popping off backing plate a suggested by other members.
I think this will be the last time I ever have to change this part.
I have a spare plastic and metal arm left over plus two good motors. I may build some spares.
I will ask my brother in law about cad designs. With a few tweaks to design this would be an easy replacement. Mine was first so there is always adjustment needed. All he had was a black arm to take measurements from. no car or motor to test fit.

There is a bunch of talented machinest on here, I'm sure they can make something happen. This is the only true fix for this problem.

Hi Guys
I just bought the last modified a/c blend door actuator in the U.S. from Borman Ford ,4 weeks ago ( about December-2016 ) cost $106.00 with tax /freight. Then discovered Standard sales them for $44.00 DAMN! So, you might look to Standard Elec.parts for one. Good luck
Billy Bronco

Members online

No members online now.
Back