Bleed procedure

DBillet75

LVC Member
Reaction score
Can anyone shoot me a link to the coolant bleed procedure for a 2000 LS v6? Thanks in advance!!

It's in the articles section.

It's in the articles section.
Thanks a million! Saved me some time as I'm a bit new to the forum..still learning how to navigate it

Thanks a million! Saved me some time as I'm a bit new to the forum..still learning how to navigate it
Be careful on the radiator hose bleed screw in the area just below the front of the intake manifold. That slotted screw fitting to purge engine block air will most likely break as you turn it counter clockwise. It rises out of place in just a quarter turn and the plastic tips on that screw internally will break right off, leaving you with no further retention capabilities without serious workarounds using tie wraps and hose clamps to hold that plug down. It is an o-ring based plug, so as long as you can keep the head of the plug flush with the plastic piece it goes into, it will seal. URO had a front radiator hose listed on rockauto.com with all new pieces for 30-40 bucks, I bought one years ago and put it on last year when I needed to pull the intake for coil on plug assembly replacement and plugs. but my hack using 3-4 tie wraps and a hose clamp held for 5-6 years. Just know that if it breaks, you can still seal the system if you can hold that screw all the way back in with other means.

Members online

No members online now.
Back