Blackout tape for black mark's and deflectors

hellvez

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I picked up a roll of this stuff for 5 bucks at my local store http://www.amazon.com/Trimbrite-T9005-Black-Out-Tape/dp/B00029XD62 the stuff work's pretty good, only had enough to do the sides of the car will have to get another roll for the bumpers

here are a coulple pics
Picture006.jpg

Picture004.jpg

now I have a question one of my bumper mouldings is cracked if i remove it will the channel under the moulding be black? I'm thinking I might just take the moulding out of the bumpers

and I also picked up awhile ago a set of weathertech side deflectors for the 97-98 mark they were a bit of a tight fit for the gen 1 but they are well worth it here is a pic
Picture048.jpg

So the blackout you used was for the door piece of trim?

Am also interested in finding out whether the bumper is painted under the chrome strips (should be), mine are aged and crappy looking, would rather have indents than nasty looking chrome.

yea, i also painted my sides but not front or back bumpers,,,just taped off and covered the whole side and used a good enamel car spraypaint, turned out very good. i was wondering by looking at ur pictures what kinda of rims are on your car? ive been trying to find sumthing similiar to those. they look alot like what are on the new mustangs.

yea, i also painted my sides but not front or back bumpers,,,just taped off and covered the whole side and used a good enamel car spraypaint, turned out very good. i was wondering by looking at ur pictures what kinda of rims are on your car? ive been trying to find sumthing similiar to those. they look alot like what are on the new mustangs.

My wheels or someone else's?

Here's a few quick pics of mine. I taped the chrome strip off with 3M blue masking tape & used a large sheet of plastic to cover the rest of the area. I cleaned the chrome strip with a 409 type of cleaner & them wiped it down with paint thinner/mineral spirits. I used Rustoleum Hammered Finish Black paint, It has a 'hammered finish' to it & looks great. It's really more of a blackish/gunmetal color though.

mark viii pics 178.jpg

mark viii pics 176.jpg

mark viii pics 179.jpg

You can fix that cracked trim piece with body filler and then shoot it with paint.I have done ever piece on my car in black paint even the window moldings and have not looked back since.But the tape idea is cool in case you want to see that chrome again.

Better yet make them chorme again, avery makes chrome vinyl like what is used for sign shops. very flexible and lasts for years, especiliy if you put uv frogjuice over them. get a sign shope to cut the strips to size ir do it your self. it works ive done it on others and plan on doing mine when i have the time.

Better yet make them chorme again, avery makes chrome vinyl like what is used for sign shops. very flexible and lasts for years, especiliy if you put uv frogjuice over them. get a sign shope to cut the strips to size ir do it your self. it works ive done it on others and plan on doing mine when i have the time.

If you like the chrome that is. I couldn't stand the chrome strip myself. My wheels are getting to me as well, too much chrome!

it is painted under the strips.mine have been removed all the way around.
i can live with the front and rear indentions,but i'm replacing the side trim with that from an lsc (no indentions or chrome strip)
when/if you remove the chrome strips,be prepared to spend some time removing the double sided 3m tape that will be left behind in the indentions.

Members online

No members online now.
Back