black window trim and limo tint

Dead President

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
figured i'd make my own thread with my blacked out window trim just to show you how good it looks. well IMO. i did actually go to the dealer to find out about the stock trim that already comes all black but its way over priced..no surprise. plus i saved hundreds not paying for someone else to do it. anyway, on to one pic i just took its a crap day outside my ride has seen better days, let me know wut yous guys think

Chad

IMAG0002.JPG

Dead President said:
figured i'd make my own thread with my blacked out window trim just to show you how good it looks. well IMO. i did actually go to the dealer to find out about the stock trim that already comes all black but its way over priced..no surprise. plus i saved hundreds not paying for someone else to do it. anyway, on to one pic i just took its a crap day outside my ride has seen better days, let me know wut yous guys think

Chad
What did you use?

nashmage said:
looks really nice with an all black car and limo tint. I also really like your rims

Also looks good on Cordovan... I imagine every LS would look good without it. All about preference. I think the '04 and up LS don't have it so it just updates the look IMHO...

ChrisGorman.jpg

I think it looks nice but I like the chrome trim by the windows soo much better. It feels like losing the chrome makes the car look plain.

GWL said:
What did you use?

after wet sand, masked it off..bought a few rolls, lots of newspaper, primer just one can was good and then 2 coats(2 cans) of flat black all bought at autozone, took exactly 3hrs

itsnotmydaddys, yea i've had mixed opinions about it some say they like it others said the chrome matches my rims. i like the black out look it has plus i feel it brings out my rims more. hopefully in a few weeks i'll get some new pics with it clean, waxed, etc..

itsnotmydaddys said:
im leaving mine, it goes with the wheels, a machined lip with a black middle

I agree with you man, I like the blacked out look but more I like the chrome matching the grill and the rims. I wanna do it to my BMW, because I have silver rims on it plus M3s come with black trim.

i like the chrome better,

the blk trim is a more agressive touch

chrome trim adds a luxury touch

That looks hella clean! I wish I could do that with mine but I live in an apartment so no garage or anything. Nice pics brah. Shooots!

Dead President said:
if chrome is luxury why is it on base model kias and hondas haha

No im only sayin this..
You car with the chrome trim gives it a S500 touch
Your car with the black trim gives it a M3/5 touch

Was planning on blacking out the upper portion of my trim and leave the straight piece below the window chrome, kinda like the new navigators. What you think?

Members online

No members online now.
Back