Black LS Help

fratzke7

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hoping Greg will chime in on this one!

I have done some detailing in the past and I have a Dewalt variable speed buffer...as stated my car is black...I have wet sanded many black cars to get rid of key marks and such after touching them up...but I can never qutie get them to shine without the lil swirls in the paint...I have used wool pads in the past and have some experience with the foam pads...I also use Wizzards detailing products or 3M as much of the other stuff isn't available to me....My question is what RPM should I run foam pads and what is the best way not to get the swirling effect...I want to have this car be like black ice...like the benz pic you have in the sticky in this forum! Please help I am willing to do the labor just need the info!

I have not used the Dewalt buffer but I typically will operate from 900 - 1700. The wool pads should only be used on heavily swirled areas or deep imperfections. After that I would use foam pads and polishes because they are less aggressive. Use a Lake Country Orange pad and medium cutting polish (Menzerna Intensive Polish or Super Intensive Polish) then follow it up with a lighter polish (Menzerna Final Polish II or Menzerna PO106FF) and pad (Lake Country White Polishing Pad) combination. Using these finer and finer pads and polish combinations will make the surface smoother and more optically clear for that wet look you describe. You read more about polishing properly in our Detailing Guide Polishing section. This describes how to use the PC 7424 but it's the same skill set you need to operate any buffer.

Greg @ Detailed Image

Good luck with the black car. I you don't have a lot of experience with buffing I would recommend having it done professionally.

Members online

No members online now.
Back