Black glue

Firthockeydog

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've searched for a while, but can't find any threads telling me what to do if I have the dreaded black glue on the headlights. I want to clear my signals and corner markers, but I have the non gray glue. What do I do???? :confused:

You have to cut them open with a dremel. There is a wright-up some where around here.

try buying the lights i bought off ebay. 100 bucks and you have brand new headlights w/ gray sealant.

Yes, brand new with gray sealent, their was a deal this weekend for the pair for a price of 101.46 now your gonna pay like 117.0o which is still NOT dat bad for some good quality brand NEW headlights,.

from what the vendor told me it did indeed have the gray sealant but i have not yet received them. i'm sure other members will receiving them before i do since i know a few ordered this weekend. whomever gets them first i'm sure will post the pics of them. if they don't i will. here's the link to the thread and the link to the vendor is there
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=44329

Which brings me to the reason I started this thread... jk haha :p

lol, all i was suggesting was sell your lights that have the black sealant and buy the ones on the link. some people don't like to clear their lights and if yours are in good condition then it might help you to get the ones with gray. that's all i was saying

So did you get your lights yet, Rick? Do they indeed have the gray sealant?

My set are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow-UPS. I will post pics up as soon as I get them and I will let people know if the glue reacts to heat.

Hey guys, you have to keep something in mind. These lights are aftermarket, so grey glue and black glue doesn't necessarily tell you whether they will come apart with heat. It's the grey glue from Ford that comes apart with heat. Not all grey/black glue is the same. Not trying to rain on your parade, but just something to think about. Hopefully someone will bake their new aftermarket lights they just received, and can comment! :cool:

Mark

Hey guys, you have to keep something in mind. These lights are aftermarket, so grey glue and black glue doesn't necessarily tell you whether they will come apart with heat. It's the grey glue from Ford that comes apart with heat. Not all grey/black glue is the same. Not trying to rain on your parade, but just something to think about. Hopefully someone will bake their new aftermarket lights they just received, and can comment! :cool:

Mark

hopefully they will. if not then i don't mind just having some brand new ones or i might just take a dremel to them ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back