MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Liberal defenders of Obama in full retreat on Birth Certificate
by ToddK on July 22, 2009

The Worm is turning…

Progressives now say US Born requirement for Presidency should be abolished

by Eric Dondero

All of a sudden, the issue of concientious objecter Major Stefan Cook has thrust the Obama birth certificate issue into the national limelight. It’s moved from so-called “fringe” blogs and news websites such as World Net Daily, Free Republic, Gateway Pundit, Atlas Shrugs and Libertarian Republican, into the mainstream media. On Monday Fox News did a segment on it for their 5:00 pm News Hour. CNN’s Lou Dobbs covered the story yesterday. And even CBS and the LA Times have done articles on it.

And today, another Big Enchillada of the Liberal Media: National Public Radio.

Here’s the descriptive intro to the story, “Foreign Policy: Born in the USA”:

NPR.org, July 17, 2009 · The weirdly persistent belief held by many Americans that President Barack Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States has been back in the news lately thanks to Major Stefan Cook, the “birther” soldier who was granted conscientious objector status because he refused to fight for a president he believes is illegitimate. There’s also a bill gathering some support in the House that would change election law to require candidates to prove their citizenship.

And then something rather odd happens. The NPR editorialist Joshua Keating takes an entirely new tact. Instead of attempting to debunk the mounting evidence that Obama is not a legitimately born citizen of the United States, Keating virtually concedes the point. Instead he goes on to ask, “does it really matter?

Continuing:

Let’s imagine that Barack Obama had been born in Indonesia or Kenya or anywhere else for that matter, and hadn’t become a citizen until moving to Hawaii to live with his grandparents. Is there one good reason why that would make him less fit to be president?

OMG. Total denial. Now we should just ignore the Constitution because it is inconvenient to the Messiah.

I am so giddy right now. Over a year of research and blogging is paying off.

So the new story will be that it doesn't matter that Obama is legit, we should just change the law retro-actively.

I want to hear all the libs come to NPR's defense
.:shifty:

Mind stepping us through a realtime snapshot of the 'evidence' as it stands at the moment? I'm interested in seeing what this "mounting evidence" really is.

A lot of folks have said it simply takes for Obama to produce a birth certificate, yet the question really is that if/when he were to show one, would they actually believe it? Given the nature of the discussion here and the fact that we're already knee-deep in genuine two-shooter-JFK-assasination style conspiracy theories, I'm more inclined to say that the disbelievers would simply pawn it off as a forgery and another layer of conspiracy meant to protect the 'secret' identity of the President.

Mind stepping us through a realtime snapshot of the 'evidence' as it stands at the moment? I'm interested in seeing what this "mounting evidence" really is.

I'll be happy to do that once you explain what you think the 'real' issue is.

luxuryrules gets it right:
luxuryrules gets it wrong:

Place your bets.

He never has produced a copy of the long form birth certificate which is what we're getting at here.
That would list the hospital he was born in and have some signatures from the doctor.
This is the type of birth certificate form every legal immigrant to this country must produce to get their residence status.
Obama's unwillingness to provide a copy of the form drives a lot of this effort.
After all if everything was in order it would silence this birther movement
immediately because the information on the long form could be corroborated by the signatures on it.

That would list the hospital he was born in and have some signatures from the doctor.
I don't think he was born there, just registered there by her parents and the notice was added to the paper with the Mr. and Mrs even though there is no proof there were married at the time of birth.

Just think back to that time. A mulatto baby born out of wedlock to an 18 year old girl. Parents would be pretty embarrassed.

And I don't believe Barack Obama Sr. is his dad. No way. Malcolm impregnated Stanley. That is the coverup. Sr. just took the credit. Who knows how many partners Stanley Ann had in what period of time.

He never has produced a copy of the long form birth certificate which is what we're getting at here.
This is the type of birth certificate form every legal immigrant to this country must produce to get their residence status.
Obama's unwillingness to provide a copy of the form drives a lot of this effort.
After all if everything was in order it would silence this birther movement
immediately because the information on the long form could be corroborated by the signatures on it.

Thank you for at least replying to the query at hand. Seems some members are unable to do so.

What I'm reading is that a lot of this movement is based not on evidence, but on the lack thereof. He hasn't produced a birth certificate, so that automatically makes him not a US citizen? Heck, I'll be honest, I have no idea where my birth certificate is. If I had to produce it, I'm not entirely sure I would be able to. Does that make me not a US citizen as well?

I'll be happy to do that once you explain what you think the 'real' issue is.

luxuryrules gets it right:
luxuryrules gets it wrong:

Place your bets.

Wow, and you folks have the gall to tell Foxpaws she is the one who diverts the subject and moves the goalposts!

Tell you what, let's bet on whether I am right or wrong about this:

Obama will not get removed from office due to citizenship concerns.

Place your bets.

I have no idea where my birth certificate is. If I had to produce it, I'm not entirely sure I would be able to. Does that make me not a US citizen as well?

Most US citizens do not have a copy of their long form.

However a copy is easy to obtain.

If for some reason you had to move to say Canada or some other country you would need a copy of the long form of your birth certificate.

You would go to an office of records in the state you were born and upon producing acceptable identification they would print you off a copy.

Wow, and you folks have the gall to tell Foxpaws she is the one who diverts the subject and moves the goalposts!
So is it his Birth Certificate or citizen status that is in question here>

Obama will not get removed from office due to citizenship concerns.

My bet is once the media turns on Obama, he will be removed or he will quit.

I think your tin foil hat is a little too tight.

Just last month, the Hawaii Department of Health confirmed to the Honolulu Star-Bulletin that President Obama's "Certification of Live Birth" document is the only official record of the president's birth and proves he was born in that state.

But conspiracy theorists argue that the lack of an underlying paper document (the so-called long-form birth certificate) proves a cover-up.

That ignores multiple truths including this one: Hawaii's records, like those in many states, have gone electronic, and the certification document is accepted by both the state and national government as full proof of citizenship. To insist otherwise is to embrace the notion that thousands upon thousands of Hawaiians have obtained their U.S. passports, using similar documents, fraudulently.

One other "Internet proof" of Obama's alien roots truncates a taped interview with his grandmother to make it sound as if she is confirming his birth in Kenya, when the full tape shows she does nothing of the sort.

Another "Internet proof" asserts that Obama must have been traveling on an Indonesian passport when he went to Pakistan at age 20, because the U.S. had banned travel there. Problem is: There was no such travel ban at the time.

To believe the wild theories, one must also accept that Obama's mother... rather than apply for citizenship for her son as one would expect if he had been born overseas... launched an elaborate hoax. It would have begun in 1961 with her placing false birth notices in Honolulu's two daily newspapers.

Diabolical.

Just last month, the Hawaii Department of Health confirmed to the Honolulu Star-Bulletin that President Obama's "Certification of Live Birth" document is the only official record of the president's birth and proves he was born in that state.

More heresay. Where's the link?

My bet is once the media turns on Obama, he will be removed or he will quit.

You've made your prediction, I've made mine. Time will tell who is correct.

I note you mentioned when the media turns on Obama. Given that your ilk spend so much energy here telling us how the media loves him and can See No Evil, so to speak, I'm not entirely sure that the media will turn on him. The question would be, if the media turns on him, does that mean that your side was wrong about the media treating him like he's the Messiah?

I won't dispute that there is certainly a bit of a liberal slant in the media (for much the same reason that there is a bit of a conservative slant in the gunsmithing industry, there aren't too many liberal gunsmiths), and I would tend to think that should be 'insulation' enough to keep them from turning on him.

Given that your ilk spend so much energy here telling us how the media loves him and can See No Evil, so to speak, I'm not entirely sure that the media will turn on him.

"Ilk", that word always makes me smile. As much as the media looks out for Obama, they look out for themselves even more (naturally). They'll abandon a sinking ship. I'm not saying Obama's ship is sinking, but obviously that's what Bryan means.

Members online

Back