BIKERS!(And these don't ride Harleys.)

Randeaux

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
How many times has this happened to you? It's a warm, sunny afternoon and you and your companion want to go for a ride out in the countryside, just to get out of the house for awhile. You pick a nice two-lane state highway, crank down the windows, pick out the right CD's for the CD changer, open the moonroof and prepare to have a nice, relaxing cruise on that rare Saturday you get to have off from work. As you're rolling down say, for example, Georgia 41, Oh, at say a smooth and creamy 65 (you are in a Lincoln or Cadillac remember, could it be anything but smooth and creamy?) Currently, it is you, your companion, your ride,good music and the road. But, little do you realize around the next curve, TEAM GRANOLA and THE TRAIL-MIX BUNCH are about to destroy your ideal afternoon in a 31-speed, Red and Yellow spandex covered, Designer-water swilling HELL riding in the middle of YOUR lane in increments of 72 long by 4 deep plodding along at say 22 MPH,(If you never tested your brakes before, you'll soon find out how well they will work.) I'll
break it down for you, these new-generation bikers will make the most hard-core, road-raged truck driver seem as considerate as a member of British Royalty.(OOH, bad similie, maybe I should say an Eagle Scout?) These new-generation bikers will not move over, pick the worst times to have a ride-along,Pitch a Fit of rage about bike trails,yet refuse to use the damned things,
(I've even had one of the bass-turds throw his precious water bottle at me when he zipped out of a side road in front of me while I'm doing 55-ish!) Not to even mention, the horse's-@$$ attitudes and glares you get from them whenTHEY get inYOUR way! Hell, I've got a bike too, but I don't have Lance-Armstrong induced dellusions of grandeur either.I use the bike trails, for fear of my life, if for any reason at all. To conclude, IMO I couldn't tell you what is more dangerous; a 16-y/o ricer or a 32-y/o new-gen biker!
Thank you, and God Bless, I'm RANDEAUX AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE! The views expressed are not necessarily the opinions of this website. :L

LOL!!
You're SO right. We have a lot of that around here too, and add to it all the friggin' joggers that have to be on the road instead of the nice wide jogging paths our tax dollars have provided. THAT drives me nuts!

You sure got that right! Especially when I do my a.m. rounds @ work, we have a 2.5 mi jogger's path on post, Would you think our guys use it? Nooooo! The only folk I see use it are the "mommy" patrols in the afternoons w/their strollers.(I guess someone has to have some sense?) Sometimes the P.T. traffic is so thick, getting to a vital site is impossible after 6a.m.! And complaining on post dosen't work!

I understand this. What an attitude. They ride 2 to 3 abreast and do not take into consideration that they could be killed by that blue haired buick driver that has someone's number.

You wonder if these guys remember what it is like to drive a car. (Yes Sifrino I know they drive Ricer SUV's or those Subaru awd unints).

we were going through a buisy park here in winnipeg and there was a line up to get out of the park. while some bicyclist decided he would drive in between the cars to speed up getting out of the park. biker ended up losing his balance and scratched the side of my buddies car. do you think this bicyclist waited around to exchange information, no he bolted on his 18speed.

I think if they are going to ride on the road they should require some sort of small license plate. they fight to get to rights to the road like a car, then they should be identified as one as well.

Just remember not every biker is as bad as those guys. And please don't take it out on the single cyclist that HAS to be in front of you on the road because there is nowhere else to go! Being both a cyclist and an Eagle Scout ( ;) Randeaux) I know what it is like. I do not condone those idiots that take up an entire 55mph road. I know in MD that bikes are held to the same rules as other vehicles on roads BELOW 45mph, so they should not even be in your way on a 55mph road. But I also know that there was a time when my Cherokee died and I had to get to work on my bike. There is a turn from a 3-lane 40mph road with no shoulder onto a 50mph 2-lane road. This turn is curbed on either side, so it always scares me. I was going into it at about 35, which is fast enough for any car, and this punk in a classic Mustang decides to go crazy on his horn behind me. So I followed him home, pedalling 40+mph. The look on his face was priceless! He threatened to call the cops, I told him I wanted him to so I could file a "reckless driving" complaint against him...it fizzled out. I don't think he harassed any more cyclists though!

Just remember that there are those of us out there that love both bicycles AND cars, and are curtious about it! And feel free to run over those spandex wearing, road hogging wannabes. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back