Big trip in a few days!

don-ohio

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, this will test the latest LS's mettle(get it?)LOL! Looks like I'ma headin for FL in a few days. I'll take the V8,and the only thing I'm unsure about is the tranny fluid level. It shifts so smooth you can hardly feel it, but still...............I'm gonna put it on the lift idling and check that fluid level.
Florida sounds good,yes? don-ohio :)^)

Last edited:
Yeah, this will test the latest LS's mettle(get it?)LOL! Looks like I'ma headin for FL in a few days. I'll take the V8,and the only thing I'm unsure about is the tranny fluid level. It shifts so smooth you can hardly feel it, but still...............I'm gonna put it on the lift idling and check that fluid level.
Florida sounds good,yes? don-ohio :)^)

What part of FL?

Probably all over except not the western panhandle or the keys,Izzy.Mainly still looking to buy a place above Jacksonville. don-ohio :)^)

Probably all over except not the western panhandle or the keys,Izzy.Mainly still looking to buy a place above Jacksonville. don-ohio :)^)

Cool. There are a few of us in Tampa/St Petersburg area. Holler if you ride through.

Thanks,Izzy! I have chickened out on leaving today. The ICE warnings are all the way down to almost Atlanta. I have to drive right thru that area on first,the WV turnpike, and then down thru Virginia to NC,etc. Not worth risking getting caught in a BAD winter storm.
Sometimes we vacation in your area at Treasure Island. don-ohio :)^)

Cool. There are a few of us in Tampa/St Petersburg area. Holler if you ride through.

Thanks,Izzy! I have chickened out on leaving today. The ICE warnings are all the way down to almost Atlanta. I have to drive right thru that area on first,the WV turnpike, and then down thru Virginia to NC,etc. Not worth risking getting caught in a BAD winter storm.
Sometimes we vacation in your area at Treasure Island. don-ohio :)^)

Well, hope your plans culminate for you. I can't imagine living anywhere other than here. All that snow and ice and cold. BLAH!

Yeah, we're waiting it out.........hopefully leave tomorrow. don-ohio :)^)

Well, hope your plans culminate for you. I can't imagine living anywhere other than here. All that snow and ice and cold. BLAH!

Don- I used to live in Fernandina Beach, it's a great place, nice choice. I am in Richmond VA now and it's supposed to snow here tomorrow, so drive carefully, the people here can't drive! LOL

Don- I used to live in Fernandina Beach, it's a great place, nice choice. I am in Richmond VA now and it's supposed to snow here tomorrow, so drive carefully, the people here can't drive! LOL

Thanks! Yes,we WILL be VERY careful. I am debating whether to take the LS we just bought,or because of the slick roads and mountains take the Aerostar van with studded tires. I-75 has been closed,and my brother is stuck below Lexington until it opens.Maybe it has by now?
Anyway,I plan to take the turnpike if safe. don-ohio :)^)

Well,Telco,I took 4 days vacation which gives me 2 weeks off starting yesterday, but I can cancel. I'd have to wait another 26 days to try it again.
You're right though......It's not the best circumstances.Thanks. don-ohio :)^)

I think I have an even better one,no offense. I work 4 nights giving me 8 hrs. overtime,then off 4 days,then I work 3 days,off one day,then three nights,off for 4 days,then I work 4 days, and off for SEVEN days! That gives me 2 weeks off when I burn 40 hrs. vacation during the 4 days. I get another built-in 8 hrs. OT on the 4 days. I like it. don-ohio :)^)

Now THAT'S a Coincidence! I don't see how you could have a better set-up with the built-in OT and 7 days off every 4 weeks.
We're gonna leave tomorrow and take I 75 I hope. don-ohio :)^)

At the time I "enjoyed" my compressed schedule; 1500-2300, 1400-2200, 0600-1400, 0600-1400 and 2200-0600. That was without overtime. It was nice to be restricted to no more than a 10 hour shift, at least 8 hours between shifts and no more than 6 consecutive days. We could get 8 hours overtime on our 5th day and still have two days off (2200-0600 then 1400-2200!)!!

Now.... I love getting up when I feel like it (about 0900 today!!) and not going to bed based on when I have to get up!!

So,you're retired,LS4Me? don-ohio :)^)

Fired... Retired... Tomato, tahmahto... :) :) When we hit the ripe old magic age of 56 the FAA says we lose our skills and either need to retire or find a non-controller job. Working a straight 0600-1400 staff job would have driven me crazy so I retired. I really missed the work for a while, but it's not about the airplanes anymore and the newbies have a serious lack of work ethic! Problem is I need to find a new way to get my adrenaline rush!! There's nothing like packing them in during the rushes! I got to work the busiest hour LAX ever had, or will ever have. We landed 125 in an hour on the 4 runways (I had 3 of the 4 and did about 90 of 125)! That was a RUSH!!!!!! :dancefool:dancefool:dancefool

WOW! You certainly have my respect and thanks for all your dedication to safety and quality work. I am glad to hear you are enjoying the time off. I hope to retire from the nuclear world within a coupla years. don-ohio :)^)

Don, you work at a power plant? I work at a natural gas power plant. I still have too many years (15) before I can retire.

No, I work as a chemical operator/operator tech at the Piketon Uranium enrichment plant. I bid onto this shift right after it first came out here in `96. I left straight day shift for it. Well,enjoy your youth man! I'm 63 and it gets harder to go to work every day.
I've been working and paying into tax and SS since I was 16 yrs. old.WHEN can I STOP?!! LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Members online

No members online now.
Back