BIG problem

nana

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i need some help.. some ASSShole tried 2 break in to my car or something and they stuck some hanger or something thru my top ppart of the door.. anyway.. they ripped that whole rubber part and scratched up the paint n stuff.. well.. it rained alot this weekend.. and theres an ocean in my door now.. when i drive and i start breaking i just hear the waves lol.. what doi do?!?!?!

thanks
nana

nana said:
i need some help.. some ASSShole tried 2 break in to my car or something and they stuck some hanger or something thru my top ppart of the door.. anyway.. they ripped that whole rubber part and scratched up the paint n stuff.. well.. it rained alot this weekend.. and theres an ocean in my door now.. when i drive and i start breaking i just hear the waves lol.. what doi do?!?!?!

thanks
nana

wow thats terrible! your lucky they didnt break your windows or anything!!!

for right now you might have to ghetto-rig it with some clear tape just to keep the rain out till you can order new weatherstripping for the door. they even sell that on ebay! ive seen it a few times. otherwise, check fivestarford or fordpartsnetwork

Welll maybe for started you might want to take the door panel off if you can, its real simple but do that just to check and get the water out from behind the door before it started rusting the metal frame.. And you might end up replacing a few of the weather striping. Guessing they are gonna be kindof expensive because well its a lincoln i guess and they can get away with it.. That really sucks and hopefully they won't try it again make sure you take out anything valuable in there before you lock up at night, welll except the car i guess unless it will fit through the front door.. lol..

well thanks guys! that was pretty fasttt.. im gonna make my brother take a look actually and ill let u know what happens!

ls05ult said:
What is so funny about that?!?! :mad: Anyway, what kind of security systems preferably factory oriented or add-on that would help deter attempted break-ins a little better? It sounds like the factiry security isn't worth spit. That is a shame for all the money these cars cost. I know that no security is foolproof, but cmon, a hangar?!?! That is so 1980ish. If that is all it takes then something from FLM needs to be done to improve the security system.

well if they didnt get in or get the car then the owner still wins.

Factory alarms are meant to keep the car from getting stolen and alert the owner, not to protect the contents.

Thats what firearms are for. :Beer

The best you can hope for is the little red light will deter or the alarm will give you time to .......

Take off the plastic plugs at the bottom of the door so the water will drain out. Mine filled with water without having an attempted break in. Some of you who have water in the door pocket will also benefit from removing these plugs.

Members online

Back