Big Blue had fun last night

Ghost C

LVC Member
Reaction score
Let me give you some history on my car first, it's known around town after months of racing, so most people won't race me anymore, unless they're in something that would maul my car, and getting import owners to race me now days is like pulling teeth.

Later on I'm next to a newer Cavalier and I do the same thing, I get him all the way up to 60, but then he pulls in front of me and my front bumper is at his door, at about 75 I start to pull on him until I hit 112. We then get behind traffic and I see a pair of older Jetta sedans come up behind us, I let the Cav over to get in front of the car in front of him, and the silver Jetta shoots up and around in the third lane. At this point I'm doing 70 and nail it again, and take off past both of them when the black Jetta with the V6 comes up on my ass, swings in front of the Cavalier, and I hit the speed limiter again, so he went on past.

Had it not been for the speed limiter I could've taken the Jettas I think. I never knew that the 4.9 had the top end to compete with those higher revving import cars. The fun part came when the Jettas both got in front of me and we were coming down from our 10 minute burst of triple digit speeds. My passengers thought I was going to slam into one of them because the car was doing a nose dive while I was using all of my available braking force - I managed to get slowed down before them.

Some of you Cadillac guys may recognize the story from the Cadillac Owner's site, minus the first part. Sshh, nobody can know about the first part :Bang

Expect alot of race stories from me, on and off the track.

I should also mention that all of the above cars were modified, I was kinda tired last night when I posted this. It'd be embarassing to think that any stock Cavalier could pull on my car. Sorry for the double post.

I've got sticky tires, a set of wheels that are 60lbs lighter than stock, CAI, another 240lbs removed on top of the 60lbs of wheel weight, and whatever else I have listed that I can't remember. The ES will work one day, and everyone who laughs now will cry later. When it wasn't roasting motor brushes and blowing capacitors it was inducing 500+cfm of airflow into the intake - Enough to make boost.

It's fairly well uncontested that there's no other 4.9 DeVille capable of beating my car in any kind of race. And if there is one, I've never heard of it, and neither has anyone else.

Nope, not yet. I will be on the 29th at the local 1/8th track because they're having a Halloween event and it's $5 to run all night. Other than that, I'm not super big on going to drag strips, I prefer the thrill of racing on the backroads going through corners on the brink of four wheel traction loss.

I've beaten cars in street races that do low to mid 15's in the 1/4 according to test times, so I'm looking for something like a 9.3 (Internet calculator - Yes, I know, not accurate) to somewhere around a 9.6 in the 1/8th.

I'll race you any day with my ETC or even my 3.6 CTS.Id surely blow you away with either one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back