Better CTS 03,04???

free139stylz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 lincoln ls and im about to sell it and get a CTS I was just wondering how the run>?? Alot o problems with the 03 and 04 years?

Have a 04, 3.6 auto & am very happy with the performance, especially the mileage. I have been to the dealer twice for TSB's. One was for shocks the other for a re-programming. It's very smooth, no squeaks or rattles. I miss my 00 Eldo, but's that because of the Northstar.....Give it a good test drive before you buy.

Good luck

I have drive a new STS with the 3.6 V6. The engine seamed to be very nice, try to get the 3.6 not the 3.2.

in 03 the only engine was the 3.2 also ive herd alot of complaints that the clocks (radio and dash mounted one) have a hard time matching up or something?

in 04 you could get the 3.6 or 2.8 in which case get the 3.6 or else it will feel like a dog when compaired to your ls... its still spirited dont get me wrong but it will lack alot by comparision. 3.6s keep up with N*s off the line but top end its no contest...

I would avoid 03, first year always have issues. Unless you find a gem.

I have 05 and had a lot of problems in the 1st 13,000 miles. Lots of them electronic, bad battery, 02 sensors, CD player, Trans control module.

But even with those problems I really like the car, ride and handles great, looks great and I get a lot of compliments on the car and the color, Redline. I have 2 ladies who want to buy it from me. Very good mpg with my 3.6. stays in the 25mpg range around town and up to 28 on hiway with easy driving. Mine has all options but navigation.

I had a 2002 Trans Am 325HP LS1 before this and I think this car has as much get and go as the WS6 with none of the drawbacks like rough ride, poor seats and not XM radio or Onstar.

If you are interested, I know of a dealer who is sitting on a brand new 2005 STS in Redline with light tan interior (same color combo as mine). Why the car never sold is beyond me. I can give you a phone number to call if you want. Its in Marquette, Michigan at Public Service Garage. Might be worth flying in to steal this car, they must want to sell it real bad. I know they had it in inventory since around July of 2004. Here is a link to the car

2005_CTS_2.JPG

Members online

Back