Best cleaner for fuel?

Well, you really shouldn't need it, but Techron seems to be pretty good.

If you have a heavy carbon problem and can figure out how to get it in the engine (and aren't in California because it's illegal there; that's how you know it works :D ) visit a GM dealer and buy a bottle of Top Engine Cleaner. Problem is, it has to be poured into the engine while running which is very difficult to do when the engine's air intake is sideways.

Otherwise, I normally use either Lucas fuel injector cleaner or Marvel Mystery Oil depending on what I have on hand. I normally add about 50 percent more than recommended. Been using the Lucas for about 15 years and the Marvel for about 30 years now, and either one will do great.

I usually run Technron Fuel System Cleaner through a tank before I change the fuel filter. It seems to help things run smoother.

If you have a heavy carbon problem and can figure out how to get it in the engine (and aren't in California because it's illegal there; that's how you know it works :D ) visit a GM dealer and buy a bottle of Top Engine Cleaner. Problem is, it has to be poured into the engine while running which is very difficult to do when the engine's air intake is sideways.

Otherwise, I normally use either Lucas fuel injector cleaner or Marvel Mystery Oil depending on what I have on hand. I normally add about 50 percent more than recommended. Been using the Lucas for about 15 years and the Marvel for about 30 years now, and either one will do great.

I've used it on other cars by sucking it in through a vacuum line. Problem is, you have to keep the revs up or the car stalls. Given the way the LS revs in park (very slowly), I'm not sure you'd be able to keep the engine running long enough to suck it in.

Hello all, I'm Pony and bin lovin this sight for Info. Just bought a 2002 LS V8 and it is amazing. Ok that being said. I'm gettin kinda old now but back a bit ,the GM Top Engine stuff was great then it was to poor it into the Carburator (say what ) and keep the engine running with the throttle then when you were down to about 1/4 left you would dump it in and make the engine stall, stut all off and wait 15 minutes or so then restart and Blow it all out. Since the Fuel injection its a little tricky to get it in there I have used it on my 2001 4.6 Mustang and it worked great, I used a ? Vacuum (large) hose that i knew went into the thottle body Etc. but NOT the Airflow meter somthing after that. Ok I'm getting lost here Pony

Members online

No members online now.
Back