Best all around car I've ever owned

beboswell

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Sport LS V6 with the 5 speed manual gearbox. I've owned lots of vehicles ( More than I should've ), and I have to say this is the first one that after I've had it for 3+ years I like it more than the day I bought it. Very solid. Very fun to drive. I think Lincoln had the right idea at first when they focused on performance and handling. I regret that they have taken the road toward making it a mini Town Car and gone back to their comfortable luxury car segment. This car will run with the best of them, and I have yet to lose it on a corner even sans the traction control.
I'm a driver, not a passenger, so I like the fact that I decide what gear I should be in and when the rear wheels get the juice. I drove all configurations of the LS before I bought this one. The V6 manual is more balanced and just as throttle responsive as the V8's. The SST was disappointing in that it only gives you so much control. The computer was kinda like my Dad, it always decided what was best for me.
Bottom line: I love this car and will have it a long time.

Joeychgo said:
Wow - Nicely written. Do you have pics?
Do I have pics? Got more of my car than I do of my kids. :steering
ATTACH]

Attachments

• P1000374.JPG
    P1000374.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 645
SHARP~~~~~

why dont you add this to the Member's Garage (photo gallery) that I just added -- look on the nav bar for where it is....

dont get me wrong, I lvoe my LS, but I am young and have only driving a handful of cars, so I can not make a decision on this, but from what I have driven (cars - Neon, CTS, Jetta, LS, Wrangler, RAM, Grand Cherokee) the LS and CTS are pretty much neck and neck, but the CTS is ahead a couple of points in my book.

I like both the LS and the CTS.

I think they are both great in their own ways........ shame we cant combine them into one car.

I agree with you I love my 2000 lincoln ls 5speed . I like the fact that there aren't to many around kinda rare.Kinda like the girl everybody here's about but just don't know were she's at? Why lincoln would discontinue the 5spd ??because North Americans are some lazy mo fu#$%@s and they just want to make everything as easy as possible .The effort it takes to change gears and actually think about what your doing they could be putting their makeup on or having Mcdonald's or something so lincoln gave up on a car that if it was pushed right would have apealed to many younger drivers .I'm 31 and all my friends know about this sleeper even though thats no thanks to ford - lincoln advertising .this was a BMW fighter now it's turning into a loveseat and the town cars the couch . Hey just my 2 Canadian cents or .05 american with exchange rate.

2000 LS6 5 SPEED :steering does your girl drive stick hmmm ???

dsoul started it. not for good reasons like visiting old topics without a new thread. Hes just being a goff off, thats being nice.

clean and sharp car... keep up the nice work.. any plans for it?

Yea it is nice, I wanted a manual but when I was looking for one I never knew about them. I'm a driver too and would much rather be shift my gears when and at what rpms I want. Never had a none manual until this one, hence why I kind of want something else.

Members online

No members online now.
Back