Best aftermarket deck for 2005 lincoln ls v8?

Marcus101

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
As title says, im tired of using the cd changer and I want a bluetooth aftermarket deck that will work perfectly fine with my lincoln ls.

Any suggestions (ease of install, etc would be helpful)

Install wise, they should all be about the same.

Any recommendations? Brands, specific models?
I splurged a little back when the Pioneer AVIC Z110BT was introduced (~2009 IIRC)
Haven't regretted it and it's still working well to this day, and updated via software to an AVIC-Z150BH + 2016 maps.

If you do decide to get a Pioneer deck, do yourself a favor and check out Avic411.

Pioneer - 6.2" - Built-in Bluetooth - In-Dash CD/DVD/DM Receiver - Black Is this compatible with my 2005 lincoln ls v8 sport? $300 is within my budget.

Also, a cheaper option that I like:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...-w235bt/10208722.aspx#pdp-nearby-stores-modal

Would I require a dash kit for the alpine one as well?

I'll still need this particular dash kit as well ? Amazon.com: Metra 95-5000S Double DIN Installation Dash Kit for 2000-2006 Lincoln LS or 2002-2005 Ford T-Bird (Silver, Black): Car Electronics

Last edited:
I have no idea how good or bad that one might be. Anything that is double din (actually, single din can be used too) is "compatible."
Yes, you'll still need the dash kit. You will also need the wiring adapter kit, or you will have to cut off the factory connectors and solder directly to the factory wiring. This is fine, but you'll need the wiring diagrams to figure out which wire goes where. You'll also need an adapter for the steering wheel controls, if you want to keep them.

I have no idea how good or bad that one might be. Anything that is double din (actually, single din can be used too) is "compatible."
Yes, you'll still need the dash kit. You will also need the wiring adapter kit, or you will have to cut off the factory connectors and solder directly to the factory wiring. This is fine, but you'll need the wiring diagrams to figure out which wire goes where. You'll also need an adapter for the steering wheel controls, if you want to keep them.

Okay, this unit has an input for steering wheel controls: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...n-car-deck-xavw650bt-xavw650bt/10481853.aspx? would I still need the adapter?

Btw, already purchased all the cooling overhaul parts online so this is my next project.

id stay the F away from those sonys... seen a lot of odd issues with their new models.

that pioneer would be fine, its two models down from the 4201 I linked to above, its actually the top (non AVIC) model that doesn't have a moving screen, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...

also, there can be some steals found on whats left of last years models since pretty much all of the new ones have hit stores like this.
Kenwood - Car DVD Player - 7" LED-LCD - 88 W RMS - Double DIN - Black

the kenwood/JVC are definitely as good as the pioneer.

on top of the dash kit and wire harness, I'd get the Maestro MSW for the steering wheel adapter. I like that it can be set up to map two different commands to each button on the wheel.
Maestro - Universal Analog Steering Wheel Interface - Black

How much speakers does the 2005 LSE V8 Sport have? Just 4 and the subwoofer in the trunk?

Also, what about this steering wheel interface adaptor? Crux SWRFD-60L Wiring Interface Connect a new car stereo and retain the steering wheel audio controls in select 2003-up Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles at Crutchfield Canada

Last edited:
How much speakers does the 2005 LSE V8 Sport have? Just 4 and the subwoofer in the trunk?...

If you have the center console speakers, then you should have the 12 speaker system. Two in the front console, two in each of the four doors, and two subs on the rear deck. Don't try to use the console speakers with anything but the factory radio.

cant tell you anything about that steering wheel controls adapter, never used that brand.

however at $110, if it works well, its a little pricey but since it comes with the harness and a voltage step down all pre-wired up for the OEM subs, it would save you a little time and work for only about $40 more than buying them all seperate.

it was a cheap stereo but worked I had to splice the wires since the previous owner hacked it up and I don't think the double din dash kits work with 7 inch receivers because ive had to cut them with a dremel

IMAG1116.jpg

Members online

Back