Belt Squeal

jgbigguy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive read a number of threads involving a belt or pulley chirp, but half the time something on mine is squealing, like a belt or pulley...I have noticed that it def gets louder when accelerating or when the engine is under load. Sometimes it is not there but the squeal comes when i hit the gas. Sometimes the squeal is there but faint and gets loud with acceleration. Would like to know if anyone else had this problem?

Ive read a number of threads involving a belt or pulley chirp, but half the time something on mine is squealing, like a belt or pulley...I have noticed that it def gets louder when accelerating or when the engine is under load. Sometimes it is not there but the squeal comes when i hit the gas. Sometimes the squeal is there but faint and gets loud with acceleration. Would like to know if anyone else had this problem?

You need a new belt.

that chirp is mainly in the belt pully area. if its not the belt once you replace it or the pully, it could also be your AC compressor going bad, you will eventually will need to replace it. 800 dollars with parts and labor to have this done. good luck.

regards,
ramon

When belts squeal you simply replace them. They are part of regular maintenance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back