belive it or not, another cylinder misfire thread

mayhawboy's LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
yep, right there with you guys and gals that have had problems with misfiring. Was down in LA (that's Lower Alabama, 400 miles from home needless to say) this weekend for the fourth when lo and behold the car starts misfiring. Figured it was gonna sooner or later, and it did. Wasn't real happy that i was that far from home, but what could it do? Nobody's open of course!! so My wife, brother-in-law and I limp back home. Father-in-law says "It probably needs fuel injector cleaner". I say, "No, Its probably a bad coil". He gives me FI cleaner and i put it in to no avail. Got home and immediately started researching threads and started ordering parts. All in all, i replaced all valve cover seals and plugs and i'm waiting on coils. Hope this works. I want to give a shout out to lsbit for the tech pages on replacing valve cover seals. I want to also give a shout out to eLeS for the cylinder #'s posted earlier. Probably wouldn't have tried the job myself without the tech support and wouldn't know what cylinders were what in diagnosing what coils to replace. Thanks people for all the support and thanks to the administrator for the web site!!! you people are god sends!! amen??

I had a misfire for about 2 weeks and man did that suck. mayhawboy, I'm glad you did the job for yourself. I wound up spending about 200 bucks to fix it, but I'm not too mechanically enabled.

itsnotmydaddys, you would definetly know if you had a misfire. The car would shudder like crazy for a while and lose a lot of power. Then eventually a check engine light comes on and Autozone tells you that its a misfire.

ambisonics said:
I had a misfire for about 2 weeks and man did that suck. mayhawboy, I'm glad you did the job for yourself. I wound up spending about 200 bucks to fix it, but I'm not too mechanically enabled.

itsnotmydaddys, you would definetly know if you had a misfire. The car would shudder like crazy for a while and lose a lot of power. Then eventually a check engine light comes on and Autozone tells you that its a misfire.

Ambisonics, you hit the nail on the head. Itsnotmydaddys, From all that i had read on this forum, i immediately assumed it was a misfire. I went to Autozone, the guy ran a diagnostic, and turned out i had two cylinders misfiring. It was running like crap; shuttering, skipping, and no power. Heck, it was hard to pass someone on flat road with a mile in between my car and one coming down the road. I got scared to even try it. I still have a check engine light on however. i'm giong to post another thread to see what advice i get.

sorry to hear baout the problem but glad I could be of service. I grew up near LA just over the border in Pcola. Where were you visiting?

Members online

Back