Been searching for about an hour now!

605RezlifeLS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So my cruise control is all Effed up, the + and RES buttons don't work at all, when I press the - button it speeds up, when I press the OFF button on the back it slows down, when I press CANCEL it resumes the last saved speed, audios work fine, horn works fine, can't seem to figure it out.:confused:

Help please!

So my cruise control is all Effed up, the + and RES buttons don't work at all, when I press the - button it speeds up, when I press the OFF button on the back it slows down, when I press CANCEL it resumes the last saved speed, audios work fine, horn works fine, can't seem to figure it out.:confused:

Help please!

It's 90% likely to be the clockspring. Don't be fooled by the other things working. The clockspring has several wires. If only the cruise wire starts to break, then only the cruise control buttons are affected.

It's 90% likely to be the clockspring. Don't be fooled by the other things working. The clockspring has several wires. If only the cruise wire starts to break, then only the cruise control buttons are affected.

will this require a whole new clock spring then?

Mine did the same thing as yours is doing. Changed the clockspring and all is well. Took about a hour.

Yeah I can do that I believe I have all the right tools but I'll have to check out sullys thread, also where can I buy a new clock spring?

My trunk button doesnt work as well, is this included in the clock spring or is that a whole nother ball field?

Our LS'es cruise will say its on, but nothing happens, the little indicator speedo light comes on, but it doesnt actually work.

check the plug behind your switch, and if equipped, see if the lock is turned on in the glovebox.

Members online

Back