Be SAFE fellow Notheasterners.

ONEBADMK8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This Storm is going to be Monumental in many ways. My Sister is down in Wildwood this AM booting up the house and boat and sent me this pic from 9:30am. There also was NO rain eitehr, thisspic is all surge. The storm surge started at 7am the Cops told Her at that time the storm was still 490 miles away!! In ALL of Wildwood's written History there hasnt been a surge like this a day and half before landfall. My Brother In Law is a Paid Fire/Rescue and He said there bracing for something "We haven't seen in our lifetimes" and He has been doing this for 27 years. Pretty serious stuff Guys DO NOT take this lightly make sure your prepared for days and weeks without power.

flood.jpg

My block got lucky, we didn't lose power, or get flooded even though I'm half a block from the water. Our neighborhood sits high, but the rest of Staten island got hit real bad.

Yeah we got hit real bad, pretty scary. My block didn't get it too bad, some downed branches and no power for awhile then it came back. Can't believe how bad it was.

V-Tally, you hear about those s*umbags thats robbed a fire house at gun point? They look their FDNY Uniforms and Con-ED Uniforms aswell. If con-ed and the fdny knock at your door be careful and don't just open it, they're now going around knocking on doors and robbing more people. How could you rob the people who are helping you through this terrible tragedy? I don't get it..

Seriously? WTF? Which firehouse? That is just absolutely ****ed up. Good to hear you made it through ok.

Yeah they really robbed them, im not sure which firehouse. Be careful if con ed and fdny knock on your door at weird hours. We didnt get it too bad by me,
alot of downed wires and trees, how is it by you?

I live right by the water, but we are high up and didn't get any flooding at all, and no loss of power.

Members online

Back