Battery Question??

LSInBmore

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Curious if any of you stereo guys,or folks in general are using Kinetik/XS power cells..And If so what batter did you use to fit in stock location??

Thanks in advance

what kind of amp/how many watts rms and what gauge wire??

Im running a class d kenwood monblock @ 500rms off 2 guage wires, with the stock motorcraft battery. May get an optima soon but no need for a kinetick with my setup.

I have a kinetic simply because I was tired of my battery dying on me.Stock thx system, battery was bad anyways, so I decided to go overkill so I went with a kinetic hc 2000. I had to flip the metal corner brace and cut it a little to make it fit but it works. If you remove this completly you can even fit the hc 2400. I did have to order side posts so the cover could fit all the way down but it all turned out great.

So you replaced your main battery with a kinetick??

I have a optima red top battery and a HC600 Kinetik battery in the stock location. There is a little room left over but for the most part its pretty snug.

what kind of amp/how many watts rms and what gauge wire??

Im running a class d kenwood monblock @ 500rms off 2 guage wires, with the stock motorcraft battery. May get an optima soon but no need for a kinetick with my setup.

What ohms are you running your amp?

My amp is an MBQuart 5 channel amp (4x80 500x1) the 5th channel being ran at 1ohm..I have the big 3 done already with 0 guage and the amp is running off 2 guage on both pos/neg..The reason I was asking is i'm having slight dimming when the system is being pushed..Just trying to see if a powercell battery will help cure some of this rather than looking into an hi-output alternator at the moment..

Going to go with the HC1800 since Alax7 said the 2000 fit with a little modding...

Thanks fellas

Just trying to see if a powercell battery will help cure some of this rather than looking into an hi-output alternator at the moment..

batteries just store power, sure you may have a larger reserve of power, but if you are using more power than you are creating, then you will always have dimming, however if you create more power than you use, then you should never have any problems.

also if your using more power than your creating, then your not having extra to charge the battery fully.

Members online

No members online now.
Back