Battery question

cycomf1313

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys , Dumb question here. My battery died and i have ordered a replacement since the car is an 02. I went ahead and charged the old one and it holds 12.87 v and 14.8 when running even though the eye is red. should iwait or go ahead and spend the cash?

spend the cash. Murphey's Law states that it will die when can least afford for it to die. Buy the new one and it'll probably be the last battery you ever buy for the car.

I'm not exactly sure how the indicator works, I'd guess something to do with the over-all specific gravity of the battery... So if it goes red; it's got the door open, 3/4 of it's body is out and it's last foot is following. In other words... it's headin out!!!

Just replace it, save yourself the pain of being stuck, looking for a jump.

Have you pried the tops off (careful - don't spill or splash) to check the level. Mine was going south on my 2002 and I looked inside to find that the level was below the plates. I filled it with distilled water and it's still performing well, 2 years later. Maintenance free batteries really aren't totally maintneance free. However, if after you do this she fails on one of the colder mornings, that's a pretty good sign it has reached the end of it's life.

Members online

No members online now.
Back